38r installed...sweet!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Got my new 38r installed and it went w/o incident. Well there was a small hiccup getting the uppipe collector and both pedestal bolts to line up. ONce that was done it was gravy. My first impression was HOLY CRAP...this thing MADE the truck run right. Instantaneous boost right off idle...

Liked the screaming caterwaul so much that I ripped the underhood insulation off and put an open filter element on the intake side so I could hear it sing.

So far Im impressed and cant wait to throw some fuel at it. First with a php tuned chip. Secondly with some 238/100's. First though...rr setup...

2stangs8689

Reaction score
I just did mine as well. Freaking low noise can get annoying, but she sings up top. Not sure how long it will be in the truck, I'm hoping to do a Irate T4 with a 366 soon.

Are you doing a DIY RR?

I did my SRP1 at same time. Noticed the difference rightaway, truck fires off like a gasser now, even dead cold.

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
They are a tad noisy at like 5psi of boost but are a responsive turbo.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Not sure how long it will be in the truck, I'm hoping to do a Irate T4 with a 366 soon.
Great call!

2stangs8969 said:
I did my SRP1 at same time. Noticed the difference rightaway, truck fires off like a gasser now, even dead cold.
I noticed the same.....ive got it from very reputable source that pump is holding icp on some very big injs (way more fuel then mine). Stecher built a great pump for us.....

2stangs8689

Reaction score
Yea, I'm very happy with it. Definately good money well spent IMHO. Truck pulls clean to 3k now, I'm sure my RR from Irate helped as well.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to derail your thread.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My stock airbox is sitting on a shelf in the garage. New filter in it and all I have to do is loosen one clamp and shove it back in tighten the clamp down and its gone.

Next Im going to do a rr setup...then probably inj...see how the oil side of that works out after they're in.

2stangs8689

Reaction score
LOL, get back to us on that in a year or so.

I don't know if I'll make it a month, much less a year. I wanted to do a T4 mount before I bought the 38R, but couldn't swing it. Now I wish I had. :cursing:

To the OP, Jake has his RR set-ups on sale right now...

bruce

Reaction score
between the 38r, the stack, and the radio i can drown out whatever the dumb b1tch in the passenger seat is try to talk about

2stangs8689

Reaction score
LMAO...

My stereo will more than take care of it, but I do like to hear the motor and turbo, just not liking the 1940's cop that comes with it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I seem to remember someone over at the old clubhouse making an analogy like that in a 38r thread that ended up in a sig.

yeah i member that i laughed like a mo fo when i read it... it was something like "a 38r is like a mouthy b!tch, no matter what you do u cant shut her up" or something like that...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.