valve body

littleredstroker

Reaction score
saw a valve body kit, how bennificial is this? is it a notticeable change? the kit says it firms up shifts, TS6 tuner says it firms up shifts.. do they both do the same? or different things. lastly how hard is it to change, i dont know shiit from snowballs when it comes to automatics

Arisley

Reaction score
They do a lot. They will make your tranny a lot tougher. I would recommend either a John Woods or a BTS. Or for a little work you can mod your own. Not sure it is the same, but mine is living so far.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
They do a lot. They will make your tranny a lot tougher. I would recommend either a John Woods or a BTS. Or for a little work you can mod your own. Not sure it is the same, but mine is living so far.

so do you stil have a otherwise stock tranny? i guess im not sure all my options are or what would make what difference ex. changing TC, Valve body,clutches, 6.o cooler.

Thank you for the instructions.. it really does seem simple. i "helped" rebuild a automatic tranny when i was like 13 that my dad did out of a 74 pontiac... i know it confused the hell outta me. this dont seem to in depth

Arisley

Reaction score
so do you stil have a otherwise stock tranny? i guess im not sure all my options are or what would make what difference ex. changing TC, Valve body,clutches, 6.o cooler.

Only thing I have done for my tranny. Aftermarket heavy duty TC (O'Reilly's), Sonnax valve and Tricumalator springs (David at DI), Aftermarket Transmission Cooler (Bob at Dieselsite)

Arisley

Reaction score
Not sure on either answer, I know they both work well. I also know my tranny is holding up well. Not sure if the previous owner had anything done to my tranny or not, but it lived the first half of it's life working hard and getting put up wet. On a stock motor though.

Arisley

Reaction score
It kinda all depends on how you drive it. Lots of brake stands, burnouts and boosted launches will kill a tranny. Drive it right and it will hold up for you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.