Stack?

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
So i have been hell bent on a stack for my truck but my wife pretty much shut me down on that a few months back...........that was then this is now. So i noticed most single stacks are about 5in off center from the slider or the middle of the cab. And after crawling around under the truck i noticed there needed to be some trimming on a main frame cross member and i don't lime the idea of that. So with the way things look it looks like i can go on the outside of the frame rail and bring it up through there and it would put the stack right up against the side of the bed rail. How do you guys think that would look? I ask just because it seems the style everyone goes with is more so centered to the bed and well i just want some opinions.

SoCalPsd-Corey

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I've never heard of any body having to clearance a crossmember for a stack. My 99 2000 and 05 (none have/had stacks) had room to go straight up. And I do like being different I have seen a couple drag trucks run the exhaust on the outside of the frame and up to the stack... but that was due to a charger mounted in the fenderwell. I think crossing the exhaust under the frame would hang very low

JMart

Reaction score
I thought I was going to have to trim my crossmember too untill I started cutting the hole in the bed. Then I realized I had to back the hole up a few inches to clear the bed properly. You should be fine.

bruce

Reaction score
I thought I was going to have to trim my crossmember too untill I started cutting the hole in the bed. Then I realized I had to back the hole up a few inches to clear the bed properly. You should be fine.

:whs:

Whytry

Reaction score
I have never heard of this either. I think if you buy a kit you will be total fine and won't have to cut anything.

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
62958a12-158a-cb93.jpg

That's what im lookin at. 5 inches from the edge of the crossmember to the edge of the bed where its wider.

62958a12-15e7-63b5.jpg

That's the 5in pipe that was givin to me along with a splitter. Its off an older pete in my inlaws back yard that's been molested over the years. Figured with a few cuts and taking out a few inches here and there i could fab something up that would come straight back off the cat pipe angle out and up. It seems to fit right under the frame rail where it transitions from cab to bed and it wont hang lower than the frame under the cab. Would put the stack about an inch or two from the bed rail.

SoCalPsd-Corey

Last edited:

Silver2010

Reaction score
I just installed a 5" single on my 2010 CCSB. Not sure if the underside has the same layout but when i drilled the hole in my bed I just nicked the bed crossmember. Used a grinder to take off about a 1/4" of it for clearance.

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
Well call me ghetto.

I got a call from my old man saying he saw something that looked like a stack in the field next to the freeway that i take to work every morning. So on my way to work i pulled over where he told me to and sure as sh!t the old man still has eagle eyes. Has 2 little dings and the ends are bent alittle from the bounce i guess but either way i gotta cut it down and ill polish it up and it should look decent. The dings wont be seen and i could care less about those any ways.

d0362780-d194-a5c9.jpg

SoCalPsd-Corey

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Good find. I would just cut it into a miter. I wonder how the frame config is with a ex. cab short bed. My crew cab short bed didnt need to cut anything for my single stack :shrug:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
this is my supercab short bed. didnt have to modify the frame cross member, but had to modify the bed cross member.

Attachments

• stacks 002.jpg
    stacks 002.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 48
  • stacks 003.jpg
    stacks 003.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 43

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
So i decided not to use the stack.... pypes got nothin on my bed stack.
62958a12-91de-583a.jpg

Just kidding

62958a12-929e-911d.jpg

SoCalPsd-Corey

Last edited:

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
And before the fail comments start comin about it being taller than the cab. im not done, couldn't get ahold of a chop saw big enough to make a mitre cut so i cut the turn out off and left some room. A Flat cut was the best i could do with a 4 1/2 angle grinder

SoCalPsd-Corey

Last edited:

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
What is that a 5"? I did the same thing, grabbed a old 6 inch stack from a junk pile, then used my existing 4" exhaust. Cost me $0.00 :D

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
Yah it was a 5in turn out i picked up off the side of the free way. Its 5' from the cat back and the cat is empty.

SoCalPsd-Corey

Latest posts

Members online