speedo recal'

tmillburg

Reaction score
dealership said they are incapable of recalibrating my speedo, so iam guessing a programmer is the only other option huh?

tmillburg

Reaction score
i do agree, the mechanic that i usually go to with problems had the day off

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Are you asking about calibrating for a larger tire?

I had a thread on this a while back. the dealer calibrated mine to 35's then the CEL kept coming on so after 3 trips back to dealer and a couple trips to the bar down the road while they scratched their heads, one of them finally called ford and solved the issue. So yes they can calibrate it up to 35's.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

tmillburg

Reaction score
Are you asking about calibrating for a larger tire?

I had a thread on this a while back. the dealer calibrated mine to 35's then the CEL kept coming on so after 3 trips back to dealer and a couple trips to the bar down the road while they scratched their heads, one of them finally called ford and solved the issue. So yes they can calibrate it up to 35's.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

k thanks, the shop was getting new paint on the floor, and i think most of the experienced mechanics had the day off, the oiler was the one the helped me

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
You can only calibrate speedometers using IDS to other factory available tire sizes. I went though this with a customer who's mustang I installed 4.10 gears in.

I was told by Ford that it has to do with emissions, believe it or not. Vehicle load/speed/rpm changes with tire size and its outside the parameters available from the factory that the vehicle was tested at. Same goes for gear ratio. I'm not sure if this has changed at all, been awhile since I tried to do it. If you can manually edit the VID block somehow you could also change it.

For the most part, aftermarket programmers or a gizmo that fools the speedo is required. (The deal that fools the PCM signal from the vehicle speed sensor I believe only works on a stick shift so you're kind of up a creek there).

Latest posts

Members online