Single Turbo Tuning

Fenner408

Reaction score
I was planning on having Eric write me a couple tunes, but now because of the stuff going down with H&S he is staying clear for a little bit. I'd like to stick with the BM instead of dropping the money for an SCT. So I'm going to try to do it myself, but I don't have a clue where to start. Have any of you used it on a single setup with any success?

B585Ford

Reaction score
I was planning on having Eric write me a couple tunes, but now because of the stuff going down with H&S he is staying clear for a little bit. I'd like to stick with the BM instead of dropping the money for an SCT. So I'm going to try to do it myself, but I don't have a clue where to start. Have any of you used it on a single setup with any success?

I watched this thread hoping someone could help you...but so far no takers. IDK much about singles (or compounds for that matter). You might want to try looking on the EFI forums...it seems like a good rule of thumb, cut the timing and PW in half for the 6.4 compared to them.

My best guess is you would fuel a little harder down low but guess it depends on how smokey/hot you want it to be and lock the TC as late, probably around 2200 (if possible with H&S). I base that off watchin YouTube videos from MPD. Hopefully someone who actually knows what they are talking about can chime in.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
how's your trans stuff working so far?

Let me know what you think of that low boost file i sent

Fenner408

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with my trans so far, but I'll probably have to change some things around once my converter gets put in. I have it locking in 2nd which seems to be helping my mpg out.

I'll try that tune today, but we're in the middle of a pretty good blizzard so I probably won't be able to do a lot of testing yet.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with my trans so far, but I'll probably have to change some things around once my converter gets put in. I have it locking in 2nd which seems to be helping my mpg out.

I'll try that tune today, but we're in the middle of a pretty good blizzard so I probably won't be able to do a lot of testing yet.

So are we so I understand

08_6.4stroker

Reaction score

How is mileage with a single compared to stock turbos?

JDub

Reaction score
My mileage didn't seem to change much at all with the single.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

IAstroker6.4

Reaction score
hey fenner how do i lock the tc out in 2nd i want to do this for mpg and smoke my truck is still down for the count ( Mcc of course but what do i change btw still on the look out for a black maxx)
Im also still going for single turbos

IAstroker6.4

Reaction score
ya got a motor bought i have two set of compounds now and im gonna sell one and trade you one im gonna keep the spartan until i get a black maxx so i should have spartan make me a tune when i comes time when i get white momma running im gonna head ur way when im in des moines and we can talk about some stuff ( money talks )

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
ya got a motor bought i have two set of compounds now and im gonna sell one and trade you one im gonna keep the spartan until i get a black maxx so i should have spartan make me a tune when i comes time when i get white momma running im gonna head ur way when im in des moines and we can talk about some stuff ( money talks )

Spartan doesn't write custom tunes, IIRC.

00Powerstroke

Reaction score

my head aches

Spartan doesn't write custom tunes, IIRC.

Im pretty sure your correct

Members online

No members online now.