Making emblems chrome.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
So I decided to take on the task of chroming out my emblems. Yes, I know i could buy them, but I figured I could just buy them if I screwed up. Well... They turned out pretty darn good. It took about 5 hours to do the whole job(peeling them off to putting them back on), and about $15. I work at Autozone, so i just picked up a can of Aircraft Remover, and some extra strength 3M molding tape. I used 20 lb. test fishing line to remove them. That worked great until you got to the alignment studs on the F.250 emblems, then it was a little difficult to maneuver the line. After I got them off I just sprayed a coat of Aircraft Remover on them and watched it eat the factory black off lol. I used a heating gun and a small chisel to get the remaining tape off of the back of the emblem. Then I cleaned it all up again with Aircraft Remover. After this I took some Goo Gone and an old credit card to get the remaining tape off of the truck. Finally, I stuck the new 3M on the back of the emblems and replaced them on the truck.

Here is a pic...

th_photo21.jpg

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Just did this myself over the weekend too. Left mine on the truck though.

IMAG0310.jpg

Yeah, I would have left them on there too, but I was too worried to hit the paint. Aircraft remover is probably the strongest chemical I have ever held, and I didnt want it even getting near my paint lol

Latest posts

Members online