Skid plates?

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Anyone know of any type of skid plates or anything that can be added to these trucks?

I'm kind of concerned for the oil pan and oil filter as I have noticed the filter is unprotected from debris.

I checked cows this morning in it and noticed a small long stick that went over the front axle. It didn't touch anything important or do any damage but it was only a few inches from the filter. It's obvious that a little bigger stick could have done some damage.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

03f3507.3

Reaction score
Ive never seen or heard of anyone ever having problems like this it would take a heck of a blow to take out either. Try driving a nail through the filter it takes quite a bit force.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I've heard of several that got hit by debris and caused problems with the plastic oil pans.

Haven't heard of anything with the filters. And i agree filters are tough.I should have taken a picture but I can imagine traveling at 10-15 mph and a limb or anything for that matter coming over the axle like this one did could cause problems.

I had a limb go straight through my floor board then up through my back fender of my last 700 Polaris a couple years back going about 20mph also seen a limb go through the diesel tank of our farm truck so its very possible from what I've seen.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
3e3ume6y.jpg

ne5uqyby.jpg

e6ytyjem.jpg

I placed the stick back how it was found for reference.

Zmann

Reaction score
not real impressive IMHO specially at that price

makes a remote filter setup and a diy oil pan guard look like a better plan IMHO

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I reckon there has not been many instances like mine since there is only 1 company.

My Z71 has it and I've had no issues because it came with the guard. I don't make it a habit of checking the cows in my new one but I sure don't want to leave 15qts of oil in the pasture.

I could be being WAY too cautious but I'd rather add one and feel better about off road driving vs worrying about a stray stick or limb.

Zmann

Reaction score
I pulled into the landfill in my new chebby and flipped up a buried steel pipe while backing up

it almost went through the pan

chit happens better safe than sorry

Latest posts

Members online