While I'm Here....

87jumpy

Reaction score
Do to some recent events, my transmission is once again removed from my truck. :cursing:

Are there any upgrades i should do while its removed? I already have Sean's Ceramic coated downpipe.

Matt

Reaction score
While my trans was out, I had them install an egr delete and a wastegate. Which was supposed to be a little easier with it removed.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Make sure u get the upgraded shift fork from south bend while the trans is out. it helps alot. i got mine and its better then stock. definetly try to do the egr delete its all right there.

87jumpy

Reaction score
What happen, burnt the clutch? What tunes are you running?

Ya, 3650 south bend dual disc. Pretty well trashed. I jump around alot, but mainly the Spartan 250 & 310

Make sure u get the upgraded shift fork from south bend while the trans is out. it helps alot. i got mine and its better then stock. definetly try to do the egr delete its all right there.

Rough cost on the shift fork? I'm planning getting a short throw shifter as well.

As far as egr delete, how far should a guy go? I'm all about removing the coolers, but is a wastegate a must? CFM elbow???

I seen this on the nation, seems like a decent deal.
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107167

How big of pain is it going to be to weld that into the down pipe? Screw up the ceramic coating bad?

Or should just spend another $100 bucks and get one with it already welded?
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104807&page=3

TIA
Adam

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Ya, 3650 south bend dual disc. Pretty well trashed. I jump around alot, but mainly the Spartan 250 & 310

Rough cost on the shift fork? I'm planning getting a short throw shifter as well.

As far as egr delete, how far should a guy go? I'm all about removing the coolers, but is a wastegate a must? CFM elbow???

I seen this on the nation, seems like a decent deal.
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107167

How big of pain is it going to be to weld that into the down pipe? Screw up the ceramic coating bad?

Or should just spend another $100 bucks and get one with it already welded?
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104807&page=3

TIA
Adam

I got mine for free cause i had major problems with the 3850 clutch i have. U can always call and ask. I think it would be worth it. As far as egr delete i would do the full delete but jeff from spartan has the cooler delete and hasnt had any problems. But u could get the prewelded downpipe which makes it easier. I wouldnt spend the extra money on ceramic coating. VHT flame proof black paint and some heat wrap works just as good. I havent had any problems with mine.

R u gonna upgrade the clutch to a heavier pressure plate?

jdgleason

Reaction score
About the downpipe- imagine welding around a 1.5" pipe right before the downpipe turns down at the firewall.... under the cowl.... behind the turbos...

White_monster

Reaction score
It can be tacked in place then pull the pipe out with the turbos off and finish welding. That's how I did mine. Get the prewelded kit, not fun welding it yourself.

87jumpy

Reaction score
So after waiting a month and a half I finally got my clutch back from south bend. They re-built it to a 3850lb plate load.

I also got the upgraded shift fork from south bend. It is quite a bit heavier than the factory ford piece.

Should have it all back together today

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1312645579679.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312645579679.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 57
  • uploadfromtaptalk1312645603060.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312645603060.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 55

87jumpy

Reaction score
I'm not sure, from what I understand they were really backed up.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Very nice. Ur gonna love it. It will take wat ever u can thro at it. It took them two weeks to get mine back to me but thats cause i wouldnt leave them alone LOL

tensixniner

Reaction score
So after waiting a month and a half I finally got my clutch back from south bend. They re-built it to a 3850lb plate load.

I also got the upgraded shift fork from south bend. It is quite a bit heavier than the factory ford piece.

Should have it all back together today

Is it only the one end of the release lever that's been reworked?

87jumpy

Reaction score
Is it only the one end of the release lever that's been reworked?

As far as i can tell that is all they beefed up...

Does anyone sell a hydraulic upgrade for these trucks? I had my slave cylinder come apart on me when going back together :cursing:

tensixniner

Reaction score
I don't know of anyone offering any hydraulic system upgrades.

If you need parts, it's the same as used on 2007 models and you can get individual parts ... master, slave or even just the hydraulic line.
Master - Sachs #SH5312
Slave - Sachs #SH6156
Dorman Products makes the hydraulic line - #628235

Rock Auto is a good source.

Two things I did to my truck that helped a bit ...

I made my own master cyl. fitting so I can run a -04 stainless braided teflon line.

I lengthened the master cyl. push rod 1/4" to get a bit more travel out of the slave.

Thanks for posting the pics.

87jumpy

Reaction score
I was going to just replace the slave cylinder, however the master cylinder resivor was full of some white chunks. So I am just going to replace the whole unit. Ford does sell a complete pre-filled assembly that i can just throw in.

I was told that Woodruff diesel does offer an upgrade by a pulling friend, but i haven't been able to confirm that.

How did you lengthen your push rod? Just weld a little more on? Have any pics?