First alternative fuel thread! My vegistroke

Fenker

Reaction score
Cool, first alternative fuel thread.
I have a 97 in my sig with the vegistroke. I love it, and it's great for my obs cause it's alternative and electric d2 and veg.
There new v3's are even better than before with new electrical, so all those bugs are worked out. And the new systems have a new rebuildable pump built to withstand the temps of oil. Or u can buy the pump for ur old system that bolts right on.
I don't have the new pump but here is my truck and v3

146.jpg

147.jpg

190.jpg

Small oil spill
194.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

021-6.jpg

Mdub707

Reaction score
I just got my new Scorpion pump in the other day, I'll snap some pics when I get home! It's like a work of art, I don't even want to put it on the truck!

Mdub707

Reaction score
How is the in bed tank plumbed into the fuel system? Are you using the factory pollack valves at all?

Sam

Our setup is basically a completely secondary fuel system Sam. The bed in the tank is plumbed through a hole in the bed down right to the vegistroke manifold where the pump, filter, check valve, pressure switch, temp switch etc are located, from there it is pumped to the back of the heads on 6.0's (on a 7.3 one end goes in front and one in rear, opposite of where diesel feeds in). It goes through the heads and hits a check valve on the opposite end of the head. That make sense? Essentially WVO will never make it to any part of the diesel system, unless a check valve leaks/fails. Diesel will make it back to the WVO tank in the bed, through the purge cycle, which is to make sure on start up and when the system first kicks on, all that is there is diesel, and not cold WVO. Hope this is clear Sam. Just read and replied to your issue on PSN.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Mdub - I am familiar with the vegistroke - on a superduty. I was curious specifically how he had it plumbed on the OBS.

Sam

Hmm, that I'm not entirely sure. I do know all of the OBS guys convert to superduty electrical fuel systems before putting the system on.

Fenker

Reaction score
It's the same as the superduty. Just with a efuel diesel. It's a deadhead system with just check valves. I'm going to upgrade my efuel to the airdog II, also get some new cv's and the new pump.

Latest posts

Members online