starter problem.. again..

littleredstroker

Reaction score
ok so 2 years ago had the factory starter go out in my 03 sd. replaced with an oriley starter that lasted 6 months replaced with a napa starter in which one of the studs on the selinoid (big one) broke off. that replaced with another napa one a short while later, now it won start again u gotta tap it to start, looked around andnow the (little wire) stud is broken off... had a short spell where it started hard and there were a few long cranks in it... anything that could cause these to keep breaking? too much heat?

mnstroker

Reaction score
Probably just sh1tty rebuilds. I got a db electrical starter and am super happy with it.

Tom S

Reaction score
You might be able to find a Motorcraft one on Ebay. I think you are just dealing with rebuilds not up to the task. I have a DB starter on mine but I am not sure about the current quality of them.

Tom S

Reaction score
DB electric is a company a few guys bought starters from. There was a time where some issues came up but I am not sure how they are doing now.

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
I got the SD starter from DB and so far I'm happy with it.
When it came, the plastic protector around one of the studs was broken. But, it doesn't come near anything to short against and doesn't appear to be loose where it might drop inside the housing, so I just put it on. But the SD trucks may have something there that the OBS doesn't.

Latest posts

Members online