Jasper trans questions

Illinois7.3

Reaction score
Hey guys, my 2000 7.3 got a jasper auto trans put in it last summer when the stocker took a dump. I've put about ~18,000 on it since then and I pretty much drive like a grandpa. I never really get on it through the gears, just roll ons mostly. Anyway are these units roughly stock reliability or not so much? I really have the itch to enter a brush pull because I love the sport and since there isn't much stuff done to my truck I realize I wont be competitive so I wont push it too far. However the truck is my DD and I really would be SOL if i sent parts into airliner altitudes. I know its impossible to put a real estimate on my chances of pulling unscathed but I would like to hear your guy's inputs on the matter. Thanks

Irontx

Reaction score
IMO......... If I was going to be SOL if it broke, I wouldnt even entertain the thought of entering an event. Pay to play goes for mostly stock trucks too.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
I wouldnt do it, I have a jasper trans and even tho it works fine I wouldnt enter a pull or anything because its my DD and I would be sol if it broke.

Illinois7.3

Reaction score
As far as mods only an intake, gauges, straight pipe and a TS chip (can tunes which would be replaced before I would pull). I didn't know what they would say about warranty work on a truck that has been messed with. The cautious side of me will more than likely keep me out of trouble till I could afford the fix, but damn it looks fun!:rockon:

NevrKnow

Reaction score
Always look at the bottom line. Will it cost you rent/house payment/ light bill/ grocery $$ if you toast it? If yes then the answer is NO. I don't care what tranny you have.

If not? Go PLAY PLAY PLAY!.........

jdgleason

Reaction score
I think you will be fine. I think you would be much more likely to pop a U joint over a tranny. Also, use your head- if you feel like the tranny is struggling or having problems, let out. Just make sure the sled doesnt slam into you if ya let out lol

Tom S

Reaction score
I agree with the above. Just pull in one gear so the trans does not have to shift at full power. 2nd gear low range for a suggestion. No guarantee though.

Illinois7.3

Reaction score
Yea I had planned on just pulling low side second and see what she will do! Like I said this is more of a 'for the hell of it' than actually going for broke. Thanks for the input fellas

CT7.3ford

Reaction score
I have one in my truck it went out when the truck was stock but jasper said it was a defect from the plant. I was out of town when it went out and they sent me a wrecker to get it and towed to the jasper dealer by my house and paid for it to be replaced all it cost me was.the fluid to go back in it so they have a great warranty and customer service

Latest posts

Members online