What's the deal with the Dieselsite Overdrive?

jngreen

Reaction score
I happened to see a picture of it in an avatar on PSN and it got me wondering about it. Is there anyone out there with any experience with it? It seems like it would work really well for those looking for a step above what a stock 17 degree hpop can put out for some 300/200 injectors, and it shouldn't shear the oil as bad as twin oil pumps or a Gen 3 setup. I would think it would start to shear the oil worse if you ran it a true 2x faster than stock, but then you should be able to run some 400/400's maybe.

I haven't heard anything about it in a long time, and last I knew it was comparable in price to an SRP1 or a little higher than an adrenaline.

I would also think it would be a perfect match for OBS guys with a 15 degree pump, if it works as advertised. The 15 degree pump may even be the better pump to pair an Overdrive with on a Superduty.

MINK

Reaction score
I was looking for more info on the overdrive 8 months ago, never persued it but at the time I though it was mentioned that PHP was doing some testing with it. Hopefully someone will chime in.

jngreen

Reaction score
I looked on their website and couldn't find any mention of it anywhere.

But, I didn't see the hpop reservoir adapter listed that everyone talks about either.

Tom S

Reaction score
Last edited:

jngreen

Reaction score
PowerHungry "I have to make significant changes to how ICP is handled because I'm getting way too much oil for the stock tables to handle properly and kept having ICP overshoot to 3600+ PSI. Once the tables were retuned, this setup has all the manners of Clark Kent during normal driving but when you crack the throttle... Hold on! Superman grabs you by the collar and takes you for a ride! :D

There's no reason that this setup couldn't handle even the most oil-thirsty of injectors. I'd think it would still be smart to put the additional reservoir spacer in to bump the volume up and a higher volume LPOP wouldn't be a bad idea either. This truck appears to be pretty tight and so far I haven't had any issues with the reservoir running dry, even on a 30 second full throttle run to well over 100 MPH. Not so much as the slightest hiccup and pulled hard until I let out. ;)"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mattr66 (400cc/400%) "Well, I have installed an Overdrive and 100,000 mile, 17 degree HPOP in Betty (my black truck) and so far I am liking it. I have the 1.67 model and I previously had another big oil system that worked fine but was more than I needed, I am in no way talking bad about it because it has served me very well.

Anyway, so far everything works very well. The idle seems to be a bit smoother and startups are more instant. On my street tune I have seen a measley 38% duty cycle and nothing suprising at full tilt. I am also running the Dieselsite Reservior Spacer for extra reserve capacity and giving me more vertical column to separate any air that might get into the HPOP reservior. I have also run it up to about 3600 RPMs so far (where my shift points are) with no hickups. "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ITPDiesel "After installing my OD and driving the truck about 15 miles to get it warmed up and a bunch of the air purged, I made exactly 2 heavy throttle runs. I rolled into the throttle (didn't stab it) and may not have even made it to WOT before I backed out. Both times, running the same race tune and pump that would only make 2700psi on their own, I watched my ICP gauge and ScanGauge both hit 4000psi and promptly backed out of the throttle. I never datalogged this because I parked the truck and called Jody and told him I needed the tuning adjusted before I'd drive it again. I think he was a bit surprised by how high the pressure went. He updated the file, sent it back to me and the next test run the truck hit 3300psi and flatlined (except for where the ICP got pulled while the street tires were busy smoking miles off their life).

I need to get my datalogging stuff installed soon so I can get some good logs at the track with traction and 13 solid seconds of acceleration... "

Copied from Dieselsite's website.

TARM

Reaction score
Not sure the entire deal but Bob pulled everything down (hpops) other than the adrenaline. Could have been getting patents or other reason but the Overdrive and Pulse were taken down. Yes you can get to them as the pages are atill up but they are no longer linked to the main web page. I would have taken the OD in a heart beat if it was available with the way Matt described it working with his injectors. Hopefully he wil offer them soon but who knows.

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Here is the HPOP adapter. http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=868 I had a hard time finding in on the site as well. Google did the trick. I just put one on my truck.

not to derail, but your e99 cover is painted up with a near identical color scheme as mine! lol

232323232%7Ffp%3A%3C5%3Enu%3D5%3B39%3E493%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D34626865%3C6335nu0mrj

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Ok, so is this just not available for sale til the patent goes through or what? this would be a neat solution to having to wait for a SRP1 for 6+ weeks.... lol

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
hmm might have to see about going this route over the SRP1. with the 300/200's and compounds.. right now i have a TE modded 17* so that + overdrive might me the hot ticket..

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Last I had heard it was still only a race only option.....

I haven't heard Bob say anything so I won't post the reason that I heard it was race only as I don't want to start any unjust rumors. My advice would be to call Bob and talk to him about it as he is the guy with all the facts about it.

Buffalo444

Reaction score
thats what i hear, but FWIW i think the Overdrive can supply as much oil as is needed with even a stock 15* pump. Thats what the page says anyway.

bruce

Reaction score
idk i don't see it on their page, but unless you're runnin 400/400's or its super cheap i couldn't see gettin one

Buffalo444

Reaction score
google it. its listed at 999 on its page, so only a few hundred more than than an SRP1 and good for any sized injectors(supposedly). I want to leave room to grow.

Latest posts

Members online