Aeroforce Scangauge

ytee

Reaction score
Who has a scangauge? Do you like it? What all will the scangauge do for the OBS? How does it plug into the OBD2 port? Any pics of how it plugs into port? It seems to me that if it just plugs into the port it would be in the way. I am thinking real serious about purchasing one of these gauges. I want a HPOP pressure gauge and this looks like it would work for that and a whole lot more.

Chris

Tom S

Reaction score
Chris, I have one and it works very good. I am happy with it. I have mine mounted down low on the dash. That way one setting works good in bright or dim conditions. I helped them to get a few of the glitches out on the OBS. I also run an add on sensor to monitor oil pressure. It plugs into the OBD plug with a right angle plug so it is not an issue. I can take photos if you want.

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
Oh, what the heck I will go take you a couple.

Tom

Attachments

• DSC01036.JPG
    DSC01036.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:

ytee

Reaction score
Thanks Tom I would appreciate it. I was thinking about adding the gauge and getting a new 4 gauge A pillar.

Chris

Tom S

Reaction score
I have the add on oil pressure guage and it works nice. I did not buy the 5v adapter, I instead used a 5v source off the PCM. I have the scan guage set up so the warning lights come on if the oil pressure goes below a threshold.

Tom S

Reaction score
The gauge has a spot for two add on sensors on the back. I think the also have gauges now that just do the add on sensor thing so you could have all matching gauges.

ytee

Reaction score
I ordered the coolant temp sensor but after hooking gauge up I notice that the computer shows both coolant temp and oil temp. Does anyone know if the computer reading on the coolant temp is accurate? If so I would not need to hook up the extra sensor.

Chris

Tom S

Reaction score
Computer reading for oil temp should be pretty darn accurate. It is the sensor mounted to the back of the HPOP. There is no PCM PID for low pressure oil. You may well see a reading for coolant temp on AE and the scan gauges but it is a false reading. There is no wire from either coolant temp sender to the PCM.

Where are you going to grab the 5v power for the add on sensor?

ytee

Reaction score
Tom I had not put much thought in where to pick up power for the sensor yet. What is your suggestion for power?

Chris

Latest posts

Members online