Frustrating oil leak

TyCorr

Reaction score
Another guy and myself pulled my turbo and pedestal because the pedestal was leaking. While I was in there we put a non-ebpv pedi and 38r in the truck. Half of my oil leak puddle is gone. The hpo lines were dry at the pump and the heads. The oil rail plugs are all clean/dry. The oil in the valley is mostly near the front unless the truck runs for a long time and gets really hot. Then she leaks quite a bit until it cools down. If I start it and run it for less than half an hour...nothing. I used a little mirror and the new pedestal and turbo are dry and clean. WTF else can it be?

Valvecover wouldnt leak into the valley would it? Could it be someother part of the rexroth pump? Getting frustrating.

If I cant find it soon the forged rod van motor at the local junkyard might be coming to my house cuz Im getting sick of having a leaky driveway vandalizer.

:cursing::cursing::shrug:

Tom S

Reaction score
Yes the pump has a few places to look. I notice that a little oil that leaks in the area of the pump will stay up to the front of the valley if that helps. On the pump the rear seal, front gasket andthat "unserviceable" plug can leak.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes the pump has a few places to look. I notice that a little oil that leaks in the area of the pump will stay up to the front of the valley if that helps. On the pump the rear seal, front gasket andthat "unserviceable" plug can leak.

Thanks Tom! I wish I could order an srp1 and have it in a reasonable amount of time. I just get sick of being 'that guy' who's sh!t is leaking or developing one! ha ha...no Ive been leak free for two years and it started in April but its embarrasing I guess is the word Im looking for.

I guess Ill be repairing or replacing some hpop circuitry now too...woo hoo:D

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im aware of Guzzle...sold me my turbo...I am wondering about repairing vs getting a better pump...I really want the srp1..

Latest posts

Members online