electric trailer jack

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Whats a good brand?

Im looking to put one on the front of my flat bed, needing some suggestions. Right now the jack is clear up in the front, i was thinking of a bigger jack like goosenecks have, not sure whats the best route

Thanks for the help in advanced

Strokersace

Reaction score
Bulldog is the factory 2 speed crank on my gooseneck horse trailer. Been looking at Bigfoot jacks and Equilizer. I think they're either electric or hydraulic.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Depending on the price. Why cant you use what the Heavy Toyhaulers use.
1 electric motor on each stand. Works great for me. More so that you are not twisting the trailer with separate switches for each side.
If you have hydraulic available that would be the best I think, but the cost would be more.

Jason

Reaction score
How tongue heavy is your trailer? If you drop it loaded? My only experience with a electric jack was on a 32' triple axle enclosed. It was dropped a lot with a car in it, and the jack started clicking and making noise when the landing gear would go down. Also would run the battery down relatively quick if used often. I would go much heavier than what you actually need for that reason. It sure was nice to have though!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The trailer has a 8000 lb small square tube jack. I didn't realize it was that heavy duty because of the jacks small size. I was originally thinking about replacing it with a large tube jack like gooseneck trailers have

My bet is the tongue won't weigh more than 4k but I suppose I better scale it.

I think I'll just leave well enough alone and run the jack that's already on it. I didn't see a electric kit for it on bulldogs site.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.