Traction control and defuel

alwil

Reaction score
Went to leave a light in about 6" of snow so I locked the diff and shut off the traction control......hit the pedal to get through the snow and almost ate the steering wheel when it defueled.

Is there any other way other than tuning to shut this off or am I limited to buying a tuner?

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
So it still defueled after cutting of the traction control? That seems strange unless I'm missing something (or drank too much) mine will light the tires up until I let off or start going fast enough when I have traction control off.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

alwil

Reaction score
No you have it right, with the traction control on it just feels like it bogs down when I lose traction but if I shut off the traction control and step on it I can spin the tires for about 20ft and it defuels hard. If I keep my foot into it the truck will do it over and over again until I let off the pedal.

java

Reaction score
You can hold the traction control button for about 5 seconds and turn off the advance track, I think thats what it is called, and it should work a little better.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Yeah I get what your saying with TC on it will bog down and the light starts flashing but IIRC mine has never defueled or bogged with TC off. Now my 09 chebby will do the same with TC on as our fords but it does likes yours sometimes with TC off. I never got an answer as to why but its annoying as hell. I'm just glad the ford doesn't.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
You can hold the traction control button for about 5 seconds and turn off the advance track, I think thats what it is called, and it should work a little better.

Did not know that.

alwil

Reaction score

I am going to have to try that, its really annoying.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah turn off the advanced track and you should be fine.

If your going perfectly straight and turn traction off it won't defuel but if you are even a little sideways it will go crazy to straighten the truck out.

I personally hate it but I would feel super comfortable with my wife getting in the truck in the snow as its almost impossible to get sideways even when its super slick

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Yeah turn off the advanced track and you should be fine.

If your going perfectly straight and turn traction off it won't defuel but if you are even a little sideways it will go crazy to straighten the truck out.

I personally hate it but I would feel super comfortable with my wife getting in the truck in the snow as its almost impossible to get sideways even when its super slick

This

It's all about wheel speed and torque.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.