Low oil pressure

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Sometimes if I leave my key on for a few seconds after the glow plugs are done warming it will throw a low oil pressure light. But then it goes away after I cycle the key again or start the truck. Any one else see this? And the other day it did it and threw a check engine light. But the next time I started the truck the light was gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Sometimes if I leave my key on for a few seconds after the glow plugs are done warming it will throw a low oil pressure light. But then it goes away after I cycle the key again or start the truck. Any one else see this? And the other day it did it and threw a check engine light. But the next time I started the truck the light was gone

Probably the oil pressure switch on the top of the hpop resevoir going out. Its a 20$ part. Could clean the terminal really good first and make sure it didnt cone loose from the switch before replacing it.

sent from the rust monster

bad12jr

Reaction score
6.7 or 7.3? Still probably just a light when the key is on for x amount of time with the motor off.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Probably the oil pressure switch on the top of the hpop resevoir going out. Its a 20$ part. Could clean the terminal really good first and make sure it didnt cone loose from the switch before replacing it.

Ignore this. Cant see siggys from tapatalk and thought it was 7.3 tech.

mint-6oh

Reaction score
It's normal, if the key is in the run position with the engine off you do have low oil pressure. Once you start the truck, you'll have oil pressure and the light goes out. Did you check codes for the check engine light? Probably unrelated

Last edited:

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
It's normal, if the key is in the run position with the engine off you do have low oil pressure. Once you start the truck, you'll have oil pressure and the light goes out. Did you check codes for the check engine light? Probably unrelated

Thanks. That's what I assumed. And I was going to. But it shut off the next time I started it. So I didn't mess with it

Latest posts

Members online