CCV mod

jdgleason

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I have been thinking about catch can stuff and how to keep a closed loop system so that I dont ever smell it... I was wondering what everyone thought about using a catch can having it vent back into the oil cap. Have to figure out a way to deal with the pressure...Any thoughts? Maybe even have the catch can act as an oil cap...

Last edited:

White_monster

Reaction score
I wish I got the MPD ccv. My kit was missing all the pieces, all I ever received was the block and a chunk of hose. Needless to say I'm not happy and it never made it on my truck.

powr2stroke

Reaction score
I wish I got the MPD ccv. My kit was missing all the pieces, all I ever received was the block and a chunk of hose. Needless to say I'm not happy and it never made it on my truck.

I wondered what happened with that . What did you end up going with Shane ?

White_monster

Reaction score
Don't waste your money man. I made my own ccv kit using the stock neck for $15. Some heater hose or air line in 1" id, a barbed 90 degree fitting, a plug for the intake and a few clamps. Been working great since I got the truck, was going to try the MPD kit just for looks but no go.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My CFC is pointed right at my Turbo... no drips no spots even just smokes out the hood in drive thru sometimes lol

jdgleason

Reaction score
Lol thats funny. I think I would want to rig up a catch can just to keep things cleaner. Especially if its not pointed at the ground. Although I guess that way its easier to spot a problem lol

CAT35niner

Reaction score
i thought the same thing but i havent had any issues so far. the only complaint i have is the fitment of the elbow they give u, it puts the hose right by the wiring harness above the valve cover and is very tight.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
i ran a 1" hose with a elbow preformed into the hose, ran it down the pass side fender. drilled two small holes in the fender liner and zip tied it into place. put a rubber vaccum cap on the intake side. the only time i see it smoke is at a stop light when the wind is blowing just right. or when the gf has the door open about to get in but is then jibber jabbing about the dumbest crap. haha but anyways just run it to the ground and dont over think it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
just call haller's. very simple like i have, me and beef taco did his in about 10 minutes. it just saves you finding the bends , hose, etc... fit was perfect.

elite did mine, it dumps right under the back door on pass. side, and with pass front window down, wind in the right direction i will smell it. problem is, a catch can wont fix this. i plan on plumbing mine on a 45* into my exhaust.

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I need to look into running mine into the exhaust. Since the new turbos my catch can is not enough, it blows oil down my frame. A catch can will do nothing for the smell, mine is under the drivers door and it will stink idling with the right conditions.

Boostfed

Reaction score
Why hasn't anyone just welded a -16 bung in the valve cover and run it to a catch can? You could cap the original CCV cans port and not have to worry about the tight bend, just use a 90* -16 fitting and you should be able to point it where ever...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Why hasn't anyone just welded a -16 bung in the valve cover and run it to a catch can? You could cap the original CCV cans port and not have to worry about the tight bend, just use a 90* -16 fitting and you should be able to point it where ever...

i was planning on doing that to my truck only problem is an oil fill, but i was just going to weld a stand pipe for that after everything is lined out

Latest posts

Members online