Beans modded H2e...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I just have to say that after 30k with this turbo I am very happy. I have had no issues, no surge, no breakage (other then an oil supply line but thats my issue)...

I have to recommend this turbo to anyone, but I would have to say a T-4 or T4i kit more then anything. Wasting your money on a drop in turbo is just that, a waste.

Stock injectors, maybe AC's... 38R with a 1.15, but beyond that, dump the drop in.

Very happy!

One of these days I need to throw the 19cm housing I have on it, got it coated a year ago.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
At about 1900 or so its game on. I have a TQ converter issue that I need to fix one of these days, this SunCoast TC is WAY too tight at the bottom, no slip at all. But inorder to fix it I have to send it to them.

V-Ref

Reaction score
I just have to say that after 30k with this turbo I am very happy. I have had no issues, no surge, no breakage (other then an oil supply line but thats my issue)...

I have to recommend this turbo to anyone, but I would have to say a T-4 or T4i kit more then anything. Wasting your money on a drop in turbo is just that, a waste.

Stock injectors, maybe AC's... 38R with a 1.15, but beyond that, dump the drop in.

Very happy!

One of these days I need to throw the 19cm housing I have on it, got it coated a year ago.

Glad to hear your happy with your setup...that usually takes 2 or 3 tries IME...

FSI-Can you post a in cab vid of your boost, egt guages driving, towing, or however you use your truck? Can you confirm the nozzles and hpop your running? Specs on your modded h2e? Your at elevation too...???

I think a lot of folks are intimidated by the T4 mount....thinking they'll have to run a "big laggy" turbo....a vid of how yours responds/runs might provide some perspective for their decision.

If for no other reason...ditch the leaky pedestal, uppipes that are tougher to fight leaks with, and enable a economical turbo rebuild down the road. The performance growth potential goes without saying.

CSIPSD

Reaction score

TURTLE

Reaction score
Did you ever run a stock H2E? Id Like mine to lite quicker and was wondering if the modded would lite quicker for a street application.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Modding it makes it larger, so I would guess the lag would be the same or more.

I am more interested in people understanding there is NO reason NOT to go with a T4 or t4i type turbo kit over a standard drop in.

Its just a far better set up.

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
Modding it makes it larger, so I would guess the lag would be the same or more.

I am more interested in people understanding there is NO reason NOT to go with a T4 or t4i type turbo kit over a standard drop in.

Its just a far better set up.
Also if you ever need to take the turbo off its very easy and quick. I had that same setup on my obs ford and i loved. it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I have only had the 19 housing on my particular H2e. Starts to wake up at 1800, ready to go at 2100. At sea level.

Well yes, I have no spool issues at sea level, but its a differant story at 7500' here in Santa Fe New Mexico!!!:badidea:

I want to throw the 19cm housing on, but I will wait until I have a job somewhere closer to the water!:D

genie144

Reaction score
I run my stock H2E with a 19cm and small hybrids... On my OBS I didn't find lag an issue driving around Denver ~4500-6000' elevation. On my superduty, driving between ~8,800(home) and ~5,000 (work) on my daily commute the lag is a bit more than I would like. But it is hard for me to say it is because of the turbo or the entire build at altitude.

Sam

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I run my stock H2E with a 19cm and small hybrids... On my OBS I didn't find lag an issue driving around Denver ~4500-6000' elevation. On my superduty, driving between ~8,800(home) and ~5,000 (work) on my daily commute the lag is a bit more than I would like. But it is hard for me to say it is because of the turbo or the entire build at altitude.

Sam

Same issue I have, my lag at higher alt can not be put on the turbo alone... low compression, large nozzles, large tires, too tight a TC...

CGMKCM

Reaction score
At what point is a modded H2e needed versus a regular H2e.

Is it horsepower based, or is it based on EGTs and how the truck is being used?

I have stock injectors with stock H2e and I am looking at small hybrids in the future. I see no reason to take my 550 over 400 HP.

I do not tow heavy but would like the option in the future to get a bigger 5th wheel.

ParkerFly

Reaction score
Your's sounds waaaaaay louder than mine. Mine really doesn't make any noise until the boost comes on, but still doesn't sound near as loud as that video.

Tom S

Reaction score
Kinda of a variation from the trend of the thread but Joe do you think this same logic would apply to the 38r and housings?

Bean

Reaction score
The Modded H2 has been the best all round PSD turbo we have ever done. No other drop in or s400 base we have found will have the response and air flow both like the Modded H2. It is also very sturdy, I dont think we have ever had anyone tear one up.

The Stock 62mm H2 is a decent turbo, better then stock for sure but can be out done by a 38R or a D66. But the 66mm Modded H2 is way better then a stock H2 and will outflow a 38r as well.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I used to go back and forth all the time with Joe about the 38R and drop in turbos. after finally switching to a GQSSB, i have to agree with his take on these turbos and mounts. I have had my GQSSB on for about 1000 miles and i would NEVER do a drop in turbo ever again. If anyone is ever considering Hybrids or bigger, dont waste your money on a drop in. Joe is right, u will love the T4/T4i mounts with a modded H2E or even a GQSSB. Spool is right there with a 38R, EGTs are down, just over all drivability is awesome

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I used to go back and forth all the time with Joe about the 38R and drop in turbos. after finally switching to a GQSSB, i have to agree with his take on these turbos and mounts. I have had my GQSSB on for about 1000 miles and i would NEVER do a drop in turbo ever again. If anyone is ever considering Hybrids or bigger, dont waste your money on a drop in. Joe is right, u will love the T4/T4i mounts with a modded H2E or even a GQSSB. Spool is right there with a 38R, EGTs are down, just over all drivability is awesome

LOL...:swordfight:

What can we fight about now? My missing tooth?:shrug:

:D