Power inverters: Suggested brands & mounting locations in cab

VanoFord

Reaction score
Plain and simple. Links are best for power inverters. Pics of where you have them mounted in your rig would be appreciated. Thanks.

Zmann

Reaction score
I like xantrex

I have a older model Trace trucker ( pre Xantrex) in my boat and that has been awesome

however mounting in cab for a larger inverter isn't optimal IMHO

they generate heat and if fan equipped then noise

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Pure Sine Wave length is the only way to go if you want to use high end electronics or computers. Something with battery backup would be over the top if you are always parked somewhere, a tuner I know uses the one he has for remote/street tuning all day long on one charge.

Installed quite a few of these for customers and planning on the same route for mine.
1000w - http://www.samlexamerica.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=116
2000w so he could use all his power tools with no worries - http://www.samlexamerica.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=118

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
http://www.donrowe.com/

go there for anything you need.

I run a Wagan 10,000watt peak inverter...

InverterandAirCompressorjuly20089.jpg

InverterandAirCompressorjuly200815.jpg

VanoFord

Reaction score
That's a real slick mount you have setup there in your bed Tank. I have no cargo top, and assume I would want to exterior mount this inverter due to heat, so making a closed but ventilated box for my bed is prolly going to be the answer huh? I'm not worrying about fabbing anything up as I can handle that aspect. Thanks for all the info so far guys. Keep it coming!

bboteler

Reaction score
Thats awesome Tank!! Anyone mount a small one in the cab, maybe under that passenger seat? Our work vehicles, Crown vics, get one mounted there to run some of our equipment. Wonder how it would do in the trucks?

rentstdi

Reaction score
I got a 600watt mounted in the rear "tool tray" and it's powered off the upfitter switch

rentstdi

Reaction score
You just need to pick the right one that can handle the amperage that you need or make a relay contraption to make it work

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
Thats awesome Tank!! Anyone mount a small one in the cab, maybe under that passenger seat? Our work vehicles, Crown vics, get one mounted there to run some of our equipment. Wonder how it would do in the trucks?

I used to run a Cobra 2500 under the back seat...I upgraded because I needed more juice...

$180.00

90144240.jpg

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
Nice setup tank. Is it your backup generator for those hurricanes?

kinda...I can run around 80+amps from it...but I wouldn't recommend it...

I have run my 2.5hp air compressor, a 15amp Dewalt circ saw(under load), and Dewalt sawzall(under load), and a drill (under load) ...

...all simultaneously...and it held perfectly fine..

VanoFord

Reaction score
Hooking upto the 1st/2nd upfitter switch should be enough amps. And I was contemplating mounting it in that storage tray behind the 60 backseat side. Got a kids seat on the 40 side.

Zmann

Reaction score
the up fitter should just be for turn on signal and not be a high amp draw that happens through the big cables so check the spec and you may not need to waste the larger amp up fitter

anyone talk about fusing that lead yet ?

Latest posts

Members online