Main stud or full head stud kit

Buffalo444

Reaction score
wtf is the difference? lol I always wondered what the main stud kit was. I'm guessing it holds the girdle to the block??

BBottoms

Reaction score
Main studs hold your mains (crank bearing caps) in place. Its somewhere between the stock bolts and a full on main girdle as far as strength.

Whytry

Reaction score
Heads studs are in the heads and for 500hp I think you need them and main studs are for the bottom end were the crank is held. I don't think you have to get a girdle to have the studs though.

JDub

Reaction score
Heads studs are in the heads and for 500hp I think you need them and main studs are for the bottom end were the crank is held. I don't think you have to get a girdle to have the studs though.

Correct. We offer main stud kits for the stock bottom end or for a girdle kit, we can get them either way.

If we can help you out, please let me know. We've got main stud kits and H11 head stud kits on the shelf, ready to ship. We are also currently running a sale on all head stud kits for Power Stroke Army members...

WOP
801-233-1111

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Correct. We offer main stud kits for the stock bottom end or for a girdle kit, we can get them either way.

If we can help you out, please let me know. We've got main stud kits and H11 head stud kits on the shelf, ready to ship. We are also currently running a sale on all head stud kits for Power Stroke Army members...

WOP
801-233-1111

what hp do you need main stud kits?