ball joints or?

apollyon9515

Reaction score
I know i could have searched else where, but this is a new site and i figure it would be good to post this here.

I have been hearing a squealing/squeaking sound when i turn to the left coming from my driver side(i believe its coming from their). So i jacked my truck up and had no movement up/down or side to side from the driver side(thought the problem side) BUT on the passenger side i could pick the tire up a couple inches from the bottom as in big up/down movement.

Is this ball joints or something else?
I also noticed the plastic ring which i assume is some kind of seal was loose on both sides, believe its some type of axle seal. If need be i can get some pics.

Thanks guys.

Tom S

Reaction score
It sounds like your ball joints are toast. I do not have a SD truck so no sure on the seal.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Could also be the hub bearing or a little bit of both. And the seal your talking about is in the axle tube itself correct? That's the outer axle seal.

sgleshot

Reaction score
I would bet on balljoints, yet while your in there check out your Ujoints as well, if they are startin to rock up they will tear the factor hubs to pieces and wreck all kindsa stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.