Decided to do my first burn out....

mysticblu999

Reaction score
Ive had my 2011 f250 for over 2 years now with 56k miles and realized I had never done a burn out. So yesterday I decided my tires were worn down enough to do it. I held the traction control button down to turn off the advance trac, pulled the e locker and stopped to power brake it. Started to spin... heard a pop, let if the brake and took off. The truck was pulling hard to the left. Figured out the only wheel getting power is the right one. When the e locker is off the truck will act like its not in gear. It will only pull out with the e locker now to ensure power goes to the right side. When you get above 20 mph it will act like its in neutral.

What did I break? First burn out and I break the truck. Hope this won't be expensive....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

mysticblu999

Reaction score
Im hoping for the axle shaft. It should be cheaper...

mysticblu999

Reaction score
Crazy it went that easy, my money is on axle shaft.

Yeah... first burn out... of course it happens to me....

Whats a axle shaft install normally run?

mysticblu999

Reaction score
Do the e lockers unlock at 20mph? That is what made me think diff.

Yeah or somewhere there about. If the e lock isn't on, it will even roll in park. Pull the knob out and power will go to the right side until you go fast enough for the e locker to turn off.

jngreen

Reaction score
If its just an axle shaft, thats a pretty quick fix. You can install one of those with the wheel still on, provided you can remove your center caps without removing the wheel. I would pull off the diff cover first though. Actually, I would think ford would cover this under warranty. It's not like you blew the motor when running a big tune. An axle shaft shouldn't break that easily. It sounds like a mechanical defect to me. Of course I don't think I would mention the burn out attempt.

mysticblu999

Reaction score
If its just an axle shaft, thats a pretty quick fix. You can install one of those with the wheel still on, provided you can remove your center caps without removing the wheel. I would pull off the diff cover first though. Actually, I would think ford would cover this under warranty. It's not like you blew the motor when running a big tune. An axle shaft shouldn't break that easily. It sounds like a mechanical defect to me. Of course I don't think I would mention the burn out attempt.

Lol man. Thats exactly what my jeep buddy told me about the axle shaft. I was running a big tune though, kem level 5. The truck has been pulling to the left like that, just not nearly as bad. Im begining to think It was starting to go anyway.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Just pull the axle out and see if it is broken. 8 bolts, simple. Worst case you have to pull the wheel first. Then go from there.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

mysticblu999

Reaction score
luckily they were announced as a sponsor today so i was able to post the link LOL

I thought they had been for for a while. I was wrong. Im going to buy that piece.

Hey SPE!! I really need that turbo, my truck is falling apart!

mysticblu999

Reaction score
Just pull the axle out and see if it is broken. 8 bolts, simple. Worst case you have to pull the wheel first. Then go from there.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

Maybe I should try this.... great advice... Im more of a motorcycle mechanic though.

mysticblu999

Reaction score
Left side. They told me it was the first one they seen.

Latest posts

Members online