Anyone in Ft. Worth want to help me install a new trackbar?

TexasA&M

Reaction score
I was planning on installing my new BD adjustable track bar this past weekend, and then I realized that I don't have tools nearly big enough. I'm over budget already (as always), so I don't want to buy new, potentially expensive, tools that I'll realistically never use again.

Does anyone in Ft. Worth have experience (and tools) and want to give me a hand? It's only two bolts, so it really shouldn't take long at all if you have the right tools, right?

Lemme know... I'll bring beer!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
what kind of tools do we need and where in fort worth are you?

i have an impact gun and some sockets as well as an air compressor and some breaker bars, but i dont have a tourqe wrench

im located at 287 and I35W

TexasA&M

Reaction score
I'm on 820 just north of Lake Worth. I don't have a big enough torque wrench either, but was planning on using a 4' breaker bar and putting ~100lbs on it to achieve the necessary 406ft/lbs required.

How do you break the taper on the other side of the track bar? The instructions mention some kind of steering arm puller. I am hoping that a standard set of gear pullers would work.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I'm on 820 just north of Lake Worth. I don't have a big enough torque wrench either, but was planning on using a 4' breaker bar and putting ~100lbs on it to achieve the necessary 406ft/lbs required.

How do you break the taper on the other side of the track bar? The instructions mention some kind of steering arm puller. I am hoping that a standard set of gear pullers would work.

its just a ball joint on the bottom end right? that should just take a ball joint puller, i dont have that but you can rent one from any auto parts store.

im game to help but have to resuce a buddy whos truck broke down this afternoon what day did you have in mind?

HOOV3R

Reaction score
For some people it pops right off the ball joint no problem with just a hammer, and for others it refuses to move at all.

TexasA&M

Reaction score
That's what I'm afraid of... All of the other stuff that I've done has gone fairly smoothly, so that makes me worry about these last things that am working on! :doh:

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I hit mine twice with a 3lb hammer and it fell right off.. Hopefully you're as lucky as i was.

Latest posts

Members online