Ford and warranty

oneturboforme

Reaction score
To those of you that know how big of pain is it to get ford to overlook the “flash” code i think its p0001? that stores in the ecm when you unmount a tuner? I would like to run a xrt with just a basic low hp KEM tune to just get better fuel economy but I don’t want my warranty going down the crapper. Am I better off to just go with the torq2.2 from eric and calling it good? Only other drivetrain plans while its under warranty is to put a dpf back just to get rid of that ugly as tip thanks guys

TrickTruck

Reaction score
do some searching on the KEM 6.7 tunes. Lots of us have tried them and yanked them back out due to the severe driveability issues. Also, they do not perform as advertised.

There is a terrible turbo oscillation using the KEM tune. Put it on cruise control and you'll be seeing a 20psi swing, make the truck sound horrible and you can feel the whole truck surging. And don't even get me started on the trans shifting, I was sure that tune was going to break my truck is slammed gears so hard. Even under almost no throttle. There is no comparison to the well mannered and well behaved nature the truck has either stock or on H&S's tunes.

That economy advertising is not even true to use either. The one they claim got 20+ was a 2wd truck, 18" wheels and it was doing 55mph on flat roads when it got 20mpg. Probably had a tail wind too (but I don't know that part for sure.)

I can say for sure, the performance isn't there on the dyno (or seat of the pants) - they claim 500RWHP and the fuel economy was worse than a H&S tune. Max power on the dyno was 408RWHP, way way shy of the claimed 500. The lie-o-meter did go bananas, reading 24mpg, but even watching the fuel gauge I knew it wasn't right. Sure enough, hand calc was in the 14s.

In the end, there's better places to spend your $300

Last edited: