BEWARE OF LYING COMPETITOR!

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I've had a number of potential customers question the cost of our fuel systems and the materials that we use recently. After a bit of digging, I've been able to determine that another shop is making false statements about my products in an attempt to gain sales. I hate having to do this, but it's time to set the record straight.

I KNOW who this "so-called competitor" is, and I'm sure he will see this on one of the sites where it's posted. At this point I'm going to leave it at "shut the hell up when you don't know what you're talking about". If I continue to hear from people that he is spreading lies and false information about my company or my products in an effort to steer sales toward his own offerings, I will make a point of posting exactly who it is and what he is saying.

It seems that the biggest argument this person is making about my products is that I'm charging too much for a fuel system made from "300psi Rubber Pushlok Hose" and he is building kits from hydraulic hose. WRONG...APPARENTLY HE CAN'T READ, THE FACTS ARE CLEARLY PRINTED ON MY WEBSITE!

1. ALL of our Regulated Return Fuel Systems use U.S. Made Stainless Steel Braid over Teflon hydraulic hose rated for 4000psi. ALL of them! I have not used pushlok hose in a regulated return fuel system for about 8 years, and never built any 6.0L kits in pushlok.

2. Since I'm sure my competitor is confused by the fact that my hoses are black, and reading the information on my website is apparently too much work... The black covering over my fuel system hoses is added to protect the hose and anything near the hose. S.S. braid is VERY abrasive and will rub holes in wiring harnesses with easy. It is also conductive, and I've seen the instant destruction of a hose when a wrench shorted between a braided hose and the battery post on an alternator. We used to cover the hoses with plastic convoluted split-loom, but that didn't look as nice. We then started using a clear covering so the S.S. braid showed through, which looked great for a while but with heat and age the covering turned yellow or brown. We finally switched to a really nice black covering that we have not seen discolor in any way. The hoses are protected for a reason, and they stay looking nice at the same time.

We do use pushlok hose in under truck applications (tank to pump, pump to filter, return to tank), but that is because it's away from the engine heat and because hoses in those areas always need to be "cut to fit" due to differences in cab and bed lengths, differences in filter mounting locations, etc.

The photo below is offered for the purposes of informing both potential customers and my ill-mannered competitor. The hose and fitting on the top are "300psi Pushlok". The hose on the bottom is one of my fuel system hoses. You can clearly see the Parker hose end, which is CRIMPED onto the Braided S.S. Hose and Covered in a black sleeve. In other words, don't believe the lies being spread by someone just trying to make a sale!

If anyone has any questions about our products, particularly if you have talked to one of my competitors and that person is suggesting that what we build is inferior product at a premium price, please do not hesitate to call and ask me directly. Obviously, I would prefer that you purchase my product and I think I build the nicest kits on the market. The difference between me and competitors like the one I'm referring to above is that I generally have nothing to say about what my competition builds. I don't buy their kits, I don't compare mine to theirs, I don't care what they are building and I've got no reason to talk crap about them...so I don't. I will tell you why I believe we build the best product, I will tell you why my kit costs what it does, how much work goes into it, how many custom parts we've developed, etc. I don't need to talk about my competitors to sell my products, my products sell themselves.

Attachments

• HoseComparison.jpg
    HoseComparison.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 403

Zmann

Reaction score
covering the Braided is a Nice Call

I have shorted a line /I have put an loose strand into my hand and I have had exposed braided try to wear through a Batt cable

all of that could have been avoided with a covering!

Now I am off to find a cleaver " Are You Mad Bro?" picture LOL

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
To clear the air before any rumors get out in the wrong direction, We (Elite Diesel) are not the company Dennis is referring to. We do offer a kit that uses similar push-lock hose, and JIC fittings, with a braided stainless line upgrade, but is not the same as the Strictly Diesel kit. Sorry for your problems with the misleading info Dennis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Its crazy what people do to sell **** these days

I like how you said, i let the product sell itself, im sure sometimes your just too much money up front for a guy sometimes, but i guarantee the first time he has problems with the cheaper set up he thinks "should have paid a little more up front" then i would have these problems.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Nope...Not Elite. Not cool posting your products in my sponsor area though...maybe you can edit that out for me?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I have bought a few things over the years from you Dennis and I think along with anyone else who has dealt with you knows you build the highest quality parts you can at a price that is well worth what you sell it for! For someone to question that or bad mouth the products you make is absolutely absurd! Keep up the hard work!

Snoop

Reaction score
Dennis, sorry to hear that. I have your kit from 3+ years ago, ZERO problems! I've always recommend your kit to others.

01PSD

Reaction score
I have a feeling I know who it is.... LOL
I know you have top notch stuff there man, and I will be purchasing from you in the future.

Wayne

Reaction score
Sorry Dennis, and thanks Dustin. I didn't realize the problem I caused in time for an edit. I wasn't meaning to promote our product in your area, only show we have one of our kits with the push lock similar to your initial pic. I would've been better off showing a pic of ours pointing out potential confusion, but still over the line for your vendor section. Honest mistake. FWIW, I think you guys put out a great kit, and have no reason to bash your stuff. Good luck dealing with the damage of the false advertising.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Anybody that buys from your competitor will undoubtedly understand why they say what they do to get sales when they either don't get what they paid for or do, and realize upon recieving their package that its just a cobbled together pile of chit that doesn't work like a reg return is supposed to. Either way, if they decided to do business with option 0 instead of you, they probably aren't the customers you want anyway, Dennis the menace.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I have had Dennis' kit for three years or more, installed for almost 2. His products are top notch. I have my suspicions and whoever it is, needs to get his facts straight. Keep up the great work Dennis

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

91turbogsx

Reaction score
After purchasing one of your kits, I would never believe anyone to tell me they are sub par in any way. We are lucky to have someone who has put so much R&D into his product and to continually improve upon it unlike most other kits out there.

Sorry to hear Dennis. But for every one person saying negative things about your products you have twenty others saying nothing but praise. The facts will prevail.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.