HID foh light issue... Again

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I bought 6k HID's from you guys about 8 months ago, maybe 9 months. After installation, i couldnt get the fog lights to work. After fiddling with them for a couple days, i emailed you guys. It was thought that the relay was bad, so you promptly sent one out. I installed, no luck. I finally got time today, and seeing how its going to be fog season soon here in the valley, i figured i might as well get this issue resolved. I double checked my wiring and connections. I then pulled the relay, and manually jumped the plug. The lights came on. Reinstalled a new relsy, no luck. I was wondering if you could send me a new set of instructions and help me troubleshoot this issue. It frustrating having such expensive equipment on the truck, and not be able to use them. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

retrosolutions

Reaction score
I bought 6k HID's from you guys about 8 months ago, maybe 9 months. After installation, i couldn't get the fog lights to work. After fiddling with them for a couple days, i emailed you guys. It was thought that the relay was bad, so you promptly sent one out. I installed, no luck. I finally got time today, and seeing how its going to be fog season soon here in the valley, i figured i might as well get this issue resolved. I double checked my wiring and connections. I then pulled the relay, and manually jumped the plug. The lights came on. Reinstalled a new relay, no luck. I was wondering if you could send me a new set of instructions and help me troubleshoot this issue. It frustrating having such expensive equipment on the truck, and not be able to use them. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For help with that it would be fastest and easiest to contact tech help directly at either [email protected] or [email protected] . Otherwise its hard for anyone here to really help especially in sending something to you.

For the few common little things though, was dielectric applied to the relay contacts at installation or where not is there any corrosion on the pins of the relay or in the socket? Same goes for the connection to the factory wiring that controls the relay at that.
If the relay is sitting upside down, maybe came loose over time for example, if water collected in the socket while flipped, even with dielectric to protect the contacts, it could cause a short, in which case its a good idea to check the factory fuse for the fogs.