Ready for a Change

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
ready for a new look for the truck. wheels/front end/mirrors will stay so I'm wanting a stance change. I'm thinking a minimum 13.5 wide tire and dropped down. What do ya'll think...nittos, no rear block, 5.4 coils in the front? also, will my traction bars still work (with some adjusting) or will i need to go another route?

OR...should I leave it as is?

as it sits now...

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

untitledshoot-3129.jpg

most current pic:
Photo_4C3E36D0-CF1A-2F52-5A47-C6DF2318DBC2.jpg

Last edited:

MINK

Reaction score
leave it...I wanted to go low at first but its not easy to do with the "wide" look, tire rub is anoying...

TripleE44

Reaction score
I went from a lifted truck to a low-ish one on 22s and I wouldn't ever do it again. I like the capability of knowing I can do whatever I want with the truck if it were ever needed. The aggressive offroad look always wins for me. Maybe some wider toyo ats or kumho ats that are tamer than our M-16s. Not sure a street tire would be the right match for the hostages either.

MINK

Reaction score
I'm running nitto 420s under a leveling kit so I'm not exactly a follower, start with tires before you mess with the suspension

TripleE44

Reaction score
Maybe some wider ATZ's?

I'm not sure if those are tamed down enough to push you to the street ish look you're talkin about. But they may be if they're wider.

You could always just donate those wheels you have now to some other north Texan and get yourself some more street lookin wheels and tires.

BFD99

Reaction score
Paint lower front chrome bumper to match, and then throw on some 3m clear bra and have no worries of paint chips! Lower with Nitto 420s would be sick for sure, but i do like the stance it has now. Blue Painted mirror caps and paint matched door handles? Maybe paint the rear bumper to match and 08 Tailgate and taillights. I even have some 08 tails i'd sell ya. LOL

edit: get some foglights too!

2stangs8689

Reaction score
NO!! Don't paint that chrome bumper...Sell it to me and buy a Paintable one. LOL

Maybe black out the grille? The chrome does kind of stick out like a sore thumb, maybe a FX4 grill?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I should clarify...paint matched bumpers are in the plans. when I say ready for a change...mostly i mean in the stance. maybe a new set of tires would do the trick before changing anything else. who knows...tomorrow I might keep it all. truck mod ADD.

nsty 6oh

Reaction score
Nitto 420s with that stance I think would look good. They will give you a little more wheel gap and an aggressive street tire would set it off nicely. I had mine leveled by using a 1in rear block. I have 20's with nitto 420s on my truck. Same color as yours, just a single cab. I just put my factory rear block back in and Im looking into a 2in level kit for the front now and I will be sticking with my nitto 420s.

TyCorr

Reaction score
It looks nice bro! I always have looooved your truck and what you've done with it.

Ive got a 6" lift with 37's and I am going to ditch the lift and run some 33's on a 20" with stock leveled suspension when funds allow. Cant wait. Lifts are cool but Im losing so much power running big rubber.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I know alot of people have lifts but it seems like everyone and there brother is droping there 4x4 truck and putting ruberband tires on it... I say leave it but if you wana sell the rims let me know...

chappy

Reaction score
ATZ's would look sweet as hell. I would have went that route over the toyos I have if they were a lot cheaper. And they do make a 35x13.5-20 atz.