March 16th 2013 Rudys Track Day & Sled Pull

kyle@rudysdiesel

Reaction score
Will Be a full day of drag racing, dyno, sled pulling, burnout contest and grudge pulling and show and shine with $1000 payout for the winner Gates will Open at 8 Am racing starting at 10 am and the event is held at piedmont dragway address is 6750 Holts Store Rd, Julian, Nc 27283

Attachments

• 774553_193748954101216_2043931057_o.jpg
    774553_193748954101216_2043931057_o.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 355

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
Here is a basic summary of the rules this year for the classes

Workstock:
true workstock trucks, no hanging weights, no cheetah turbos, no billet wheels, no towpowers. we want this to be a true beginner class. Hard to make the sport grow when 1st time pullers are being beat by 600hp "workstock trucks" we have more classes for the guys with modified trucks.

2.5 diesel (new)
2.5" true bore, no clipped wheels, tow powers are allowed, s400 base chargers allowed. no nos, hanging weighs, stiff knees allowed. Must have drive shaft loops front/rear axle's. If you do no have those do not sign up. tags and insurance on vehicles.

hot street diesel (new)
street twin class. must have tags/insurance, big charger cant be anybigger than 88mm or 3.5". no nos. must have a air shut off or a fuel shut off. drive shaft loops front/rear axle's. fire extinguisher must be in the cab.

2.6 Diesel
this is for the dedicated pulling trucks. filled blocks, fuel cells, 2.6 charger, clipped wheels, NO PROTRUSION rule, if the plug fits it passes. NO NOS, must have drive shaft loops front/rear axle's, can have pulling style hitches. must have fire extinguisher, fire jacket, pants, close toed shoes, and full face helment. must have air or fuel shutoff

Open diesel 4x4
run what you bring, NOS ALLOWED, must have the same safety requirements as 2.6.

if you have any ?'s please post up or PM me.

NO PARKING ON THE TRACK THIS YEAR. we need the space for vendors, pullers and food. running two tracks this year so we need the space. we will have bleachers for you to sit on.

we had 80 hooks last year, goal is over 100 this year.

Pullers will need to be signed up and ready for inspection 1hr be the pull starts. will post the running order later.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I will absolutely be there! Haven't misses one yet! I like the having bleachers at the sled pull this year. Really awesome that it's getting bigger and bigger every year.

Hurry up March 16th!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Ill be the one to be an asshole, You cant put tow powers in a freaking 2.5" Class. Your concepts are 100% ass backwards. The 2.5 class (By name should be a 2.5" Bore). Your workstock class would be stock appearing turbos. Maybe we just do things differently up here, but I wont be making the trip with rules like that.

You want a true stock class? Make a stock class. Tech it like nobody's business.

You want a 2.5" class, make a 2.5 class, and straight bore check every damn turbo on every truck.

You want a class where people can run stock appearing turbos? Make that your workstock class.

You cannot intertwine classes, because you get a guy like me, that spanks trucks spraying their balls off due to a wicked set up, your 2.5" guys will bitch and moan about a 70+mm inducer

Last edited:

woodduck97

Reaction score
Ill be the one to be an asshole, You cant put tow powers in a freaking 2.5" Class. Your concepts are 100% ass backwards. The 2.5 class (By name should be a 2.5" Bore). Your workstock class would be stock appearing turbos. Maybe we just do things differently up here, but I wont be making the trip with rules like that.

You want a true stock class? Make a stock class. Tech it like nobody's business.

You want a 2.5" class, make a 2.5 class, and straight bore check every damn turbo on every truck.

You want a class where people can run stock appearing turbos? Make that your workstock class.

You cannot intertwine classes, because you get a guy like me, that spanks trucks spraying their balls off due to a wicked set up, your 2.5" guys will bitch and moan about a 70+mm inducer

So you dont think your 70mm turbo will hang with 2.5 class guys? or is it you want to win the WORKSTOCK class with your 70MM turbo and CP3 pumps?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
So you dont think your 70mm turbo will hang with 2.5 class guys? or is it you want to win the WORKSTOCK class with your 70MM turbo and CP3 pumps?

What cp3 are you speaking of? Sorry, must be mistaking my truck with someone else's, seeing as how my truck has had only an industrial pump for 2+ years.

My point being, when you go to a 2.6 class, what are you teched on?

Having a 2.6" Inducer.

What the *** is a 2.5 class? Oh wait, its a 2.5" Inducer class

woodduck97

Reaction score
What cp3 are you speaking of? Sorry, must be mistaking my truck with someone else's, seeing as how my truck has had only an industrial pump for 2+ years.

My point being, when you go to a 2.6 class, what are you teched on?

Having a 2.6" Inducer.

What the *** is a 2.5 class? Oh wait, its a 2.5" Inducer class

No **** really? If he made the rules that you can run the 2.5 class with a 70MM turbo why are bitching and you have 7 more MM then them?

And as you your comment about putting feet on 2.6 or 75mm turbos stop your bitching and run what you brung and show what your truck will really do and not stop worring about sorry ass work stock class. Unless you want to win that to and take the money of TRUE stock turbo trucks.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
No **** really? If he made the rules that you can run the 2.5 class with a 70MM turbo why are bitching and you have 7 more MM then them?

And as you your comment about putting feet on 2.6 or 75mm turbos stop your bitching and run what you brung and show what your truck will really do and not stop worring about sorry ass work stock class. Unless you want to win that to and take the money of TRUE stock turbo trucks.

Excuse the language , but your a moron, and if you removed your head from your ass, you'd see Im clearly ***ing stating that putting trucks like mine/aarons in that class is completely unfair. Let me break this down for you, you smartass'ed genius.

How many trucks come from the factory with larger than a 2.5" inducer? Well a 6.4 low pressure is RIGHT there, but nothing else has anything larger than that. By definition of class, it would make more sense to put your "stock turbo trucks in a class they can be limited in by actual inducer size. How many true 2.5 trucks do you think will be in that class? This isnt IL, IN, IA, where the 2.5 classes rule.

Before you think I'm bitching about making a class "i cant compete in" or what not, actually take the time to read what I'm stating.

Whats really funny, is you telling me to quit bitching and run my truck, when I'm pretty sure I've got a damn good track records @ Aaron's events.

Last edited:

woodduck97

Reaction score
Your just worried about winning money. Who cares how he wants to put on his show. This is why I am not bringing my truck because people like you wanting to enter your north of 650hp truck into a workstock class.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Your just worried about winning money. Who cares how he wants to put on his show. This is why I am not bringing my truck because people like you wanting to enter your north of 650hp truck into a workstock class.

Have you ever pulled in the midwest? Its all 650+ Trucks in workstock/2.5 class. Im sorry we know how to build trucks to make power based on class rules instead of bitching about someone who clearly has figured out a set up

And to be completely honest, I would gladly come pull based off decent balanced rules, and donate winnings to rudy for putting on a badass event. I dont go for money, When last year i spent over 2000 dollars traveling for these events. I go to support Ben & Aaron, both very good friends of mine you ***ing hayseed

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.