Help me choose a lift kit

jkidd_39

Reaction score
I am building a cumming convo.. in a 2005 F-350 CCLB KR.

I know very little about lifts and what goes into the ride quality and such.

I am chasing 1000hp on fuel and the only driveline mods I have so far are driveshaft loops and OUO traction block.

I see rough country lifts for $700 and Fabtech stuff for $2k+.

What exactly is the quality difference? I want a quality 4 inch lift at a good price.

What does the 4 link upgrade offer me? I like OUO's 4 link kit.. just for the fact that they = sexy!!

What are my options?

Thanks guys!

Andrew

Last edited:

Dtm030

Reaction score
Any cheap lift kit is cutting corners and will ride and handle like crap. The more you spend on a lift the better. If you by cheap, after having it for a short time you will wish you had spent more and bought the better kit. I wouldn't buy any lift kit with cheap white shocks included, that's a bad sign to start. It comes down to fixing all the caster angles, driveline angles, steering arms etc. The more expensive kits have all these fixes included and thus make the truck ride and steer better.

Dtm030

Reaction score
Apparently the BDS kits are pretty good. Rudy sells these kits and says they come with everything.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Thanks man.. I certainly like the price of the BDS kit.. and the looks of the Icon.. but they are like $7-800 difference.. am I paying for the fancy powdercoating of the icon kit?

Also, what's a coil over suspension provide?

Sorry i'm a newb at this lift stuff

jdgleason

Reaction score
My opinion is Icon is some of the best. I habe ridden in some trucks that ride like a box of rocks, and the ride of Icon stuff is usually smoother than stock. They have some great quality stuff

TripleE44

Reaction score
Icon's definitely good stuff and OUO is as we all know, but I don't know that they're offering anything short of HYYYUUUUGE lifts.

All that being said, I'm very very happy with my PMF 4-link lift. I've got all the advantages of the Icon kit up front as far as ride quality goes, as well as a traction block setup for the rear with my stock springs. It's all built really well, is priced less than the Icon setup, built all by a small company(except shocks & coils of course) and you get to deal with Trevor(owner), who is quite possibly one of the best in customer service I've ever dealt with.

jdc753

Reaction score
I am very happy with my RCD 4" rides great and have no troubles, but its tough now for the money between BDS, RCD and Icon. Ultimately since you already got the OUO traction blocks getting the OUO ALA's up front with some Icon 4.5" lift springs and front box kit would make for an awesome lift.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
The best riding kits will be from using true 4 link arms, they also allow you to adjust additional castor..Lack of castor IMO is the real issue with wobble on these trucks.

Pure Performance kits all come with progressive coils and 4 link arms std.
Icons little stiffer spring and you have to add 4 link arms.

We sell both, PM me if I can get you info-pricing.

Cary

Latest posts

Members online