6.0 exhaust manifolds?

KPSquared

Reaction score
Yes. It's been gone over many times.

Umm, I can't find any threads on here that have to do with using 6.0 exhaust manifolds. I have a friend that was asking about that as well.

Can you point me in the direction of these discussions? Would be much appreciated. Just a link to a couple threads, my search is coming up empty.

Shipmate

Reaction score
Ask the Freaking descriptive question in the title.
Title= a descriptive heading or caption.

Not "Do you guys?" If you're too stupid to come up with a title then you should not be working on your truck, leave it stock!:mad:

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Ask the Freaking descriptive question in the title.
Title= a descriptive heading or caption.

Not "Do you guys?" If you're too stupid to come up with a title then you should not be working on your truck, leave it stock!:mad:

Really?...

pog

Reaction score
smut you need to save this thread by giving us an explanation why you wanted to know. or else this thread is gonna be a fail. the heading is not one i would have chose as shipmate said. a simple "6.0 exhaust manifolds?" would have been much better. and now even when people are doing title search about 6.0 manifolds shyt all will pop up because of this title. again if one is usually curious they dont just ask "do you guys use 6.0 ex manifolds?". they list a reason or something more detailed.

Shipmate

Reaction score
smut you need to save this thread by giving us an explanation why you wanted to know. or else this thread is gonna be a fail. the heading is not one i would have chose as shipmate said. a simple "6.0 exhaust manifolds?" would have been much better. and now even when people are doing title search about 6.0 manifolds shyt all will pop up because of this title. again if one is usually curious they dont just ask "do you guys use 6.0 ex manifolds?". they list a reason or something more detailed.
Pog, I am going to pm you all my responses from now on so you can make them politically correct! :thumbsup:

KPSquared

Reaction score
Most of it was discussed over on the Nation in the 6.4 section awhile back

That's kinda what I thought. This place is NEVER going to grow an info database if people aren't ready to answer all the same q's that were answered on the Nation. If your answer is "go read the thread on PSN". Then what the hell was the point of PSA in the first place?

Oh, and it looks like SMUT has another super fan! Love it!

:thumbsup:

RedSmokey

Reaction score
That's kinda what I thought. This place is NEVER going to grow an info database if people aren't ready to answer all the same q's that were answered on the Nation. If your answer is "go read the thread on PSN". Then what the hell was the point of PSA in the first place?

This:whs: And also I agree with the title thing, doesnt make me angry or whatever but for search and info purposes I think a little better title could have been used.

BFT

Reaction score
There are no "how to install" write ups about installing 6.0 exhaust manifolds.

All I can tell you is you need custom up pipes with the 6.0 manifolds. I'm sure you can get all this stuff from elitedieselengineering.com or contact one of the guys from rudys, rudysdiesel.com ... Those are the 2 companies that come to mind right off the bat.

Let me dig up some pictures

RedSmokey

Reaction score
BFT, thats much more information then "yes" and go look somewhere else lol.

and Im not hating on anyone in here, I dont even have a 6.0 but I like reading about the other engines and learning different stuff about them.

White_monster

Reaction score
I'll see if I can do a write up on installing them. Pulling the heads for studs and changing the manifolds out is easiest but you can do it cab on with the heads still mounted, ya I did it both ways.

Here's a pic of mine. This is the drivers side. The passenger side is very tight to the AC line, the line requires a little tweaking to clear the larger manifold.
IMG_0012.jpg

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Umm, I can't find any threads on here that have to do with using 6.0 exhaust manifolds. I have a friend that was asking about that as well.

Can you point me in the direction of these discussions? Would be much appreciated. Just a link to a couple threads, my search is coming up empty.

I believe you were looking to be pointed in a direction for some good info . Since there aren't any threads here YET about this subject ... I pointed

I wouldn't say NEVER ... give it time , this place is still pretty new . Since the SMUT didn't really ask much ....it pretty much sums up where this thread is going .

Last edited:

powr2stroke

Reaction score
6.0 Manifolds ported and coated by Elite and custom up-pipes by Rudy's
IMG958452.jpg
[/IMG]

Just another pic
IMG957733.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

RedSmokey

Reaction score
So now Im curious, what is the difference between the 6.0 and 6.4 manifolds? Why are the 6.0 ones better or being swapped in?

Latest posts

Members online