Camping trip

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
I'm going to be the 6.0 up camping. I'm gonna be pulling our boat which weighs more or less around a ton, plus I'll have any miscellaneous stuff. Where gonna be climbing up to 4,000ft. Everything is stock except for what's in my sig. You guys think I should be good?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I'm going to be the 6.0 up camping. I'm gonna be pulling our boat which weighs more or less around a ton, plus I'll have any miscellaneous stuff. Where gonna be climbing up to 4,000ft. Everything is stock except for what's in my sig. You guys think I should be good?

good to do what!? Sounds like your just doing what 99% of other 6.0 owners do with their trucks

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
Mods you can delete this

Wait, I have about 12,000 miles on my fuel filters. Is time for a change or not yet?

Last edited:

David S.

Reaction score
no reason to be worried bud, go out and have fun

change the filters

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Change the filters NOW!!! I like a happy 6.0 and so do you. Oil change @ 5k. Fuel filters (there are 2 just in case u aint know.) Change at 10k. Have a nice trip!!

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'll be sure to have fun. The water is super high!:D

And ok I'll change the filters thanks for the help.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hell no. On the frame filter it acts like its gonna drain forever but it will stop. Also geet a allen wrench and drain the water seperator. The top filter should be no problem.

STROKER

Reaction score
for the one on the frame get a socket for it and do it with a ratchet, its a pita to do it with a crecent and youll mess up the cap if you use channels

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
I drained the fuel with the Allen wrench, and I was able to take off the cap with my hand. It was tight but it came off. I pretty much took a bath in diesel :doh:
The top filter was a breeze and it's all done now. I really to get that socket lol

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Good gravy how strong are you? Last time I changed my filters I had to take the hcfm off the rail to get the cap off..hopefully when you put it back on theres no gap between the cap and pump if there is keep tightening

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
Good gravy how strong are you? Last time I changed my filters I had to take the hcfm off the rail to get the cap off..hopefully when you put it back on theres no gap between the cap and pump if there is keep tightening

I'm strong enough lol

I broke it loose with channels then did the rest with my hand. I didn't wanna mess up the cap.

My dad put it back on and I've checked for any leakage and no leaks. So I'm guessing it's tight.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Look for a gap between the cap and housing. Sealed perfectly tight.

Latest posts

Members online