650 Dash Installed.

jwlandry

Reaction score
After thinking about it for a year or so i finally decided to pull the trigger on the dash piece. I got it through Stealth Automotive. He was the cheapest I could find anywhere. IIRC it was like $50. Took about 4 hrs to install it not counting the time it took to paint and for the paint to dry.

Here are some pics.
26d13c51.jpg

I used a 2'' hole saw to cut my holes in the lower portion of the dash. Kinda tricky since there was already 2 1'' holes there.

032e6dcf.jpg

Got my switches lined out as straight as possible.

d9f7df55.jpg

Got a few switches mounted. I also took a 1/16'' drill bit and drill holes 3/4'' apart so that when i want to add more switch later on down the road i will already have my center line and they will all be straight.

bdf19323.jpg

Dash painted and Everything installed.

c546310a.jpg

Most complete pic i have of it.. Now i just need to find another radio bezel so i can get it water dipped and get rid of the piece with the holes in it.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Very cool, is this the manual trans version? Wouldn't mind one to mount air gauges and switches to.

jwlandry

Reaction score
really diggin that. what are your gauges reading?

The one on the left is air pressure in my tank and the one one the right is air bag pressure.

Switches are from left to right:
Train horns
Air bags (I want to add a solenoid so that I can dump the pressure by pushing up and inflate em by pushing down)
Air compressor
Spot lights in front bumper.

jwlandry

Reaction score
Looks good, where did you find the paint

I ended up going to the local paint store and found some SEM spray paint. They didnt make the darker color but they had the lighter tan so i went with that. I just have to spray the front of the cupholder so that you cant tell the difference.

jwlandry

Reaction score

JMart

Reaction score
A tip you can try for enlarging a 1" hole to a 2" hole is to screw the 1" hole saw inside of the 2" hole saw. I have done it a lot to go from a 1 5/8" to a 2 1/8" to install residential door locks.

Big Bore

Reaction score
A tip you can try for enlarging a 1" hole to a 2" hole is to screw the 1" hole saw inside of the 2" hole saw. I have done it a lot to go from a 1 5/8" to a 2 1/8" to install residential door locks.

Dude, I have been in construction almost all my life (learned carpentry trade from father and grandfather) from framing contractor, tile contractor, interior trim contractor to general contractor (pretty much a master carpenter) and a stint as a professional remodel and dry rot repair/surgeon. At that time I was the local locksmiths go to door repair replacement guy, and thats the first time I heard of that. Awesome tip brother.

I've been looking at the 650 dash but I don't know if it will interfere with my AIC.

Latest posts

Members online