Lope idle problem

brewer

Reaction score
When starting my truck (at any temp, hot or cold), it romps for about 5 seconds like a lope idle then smoothes out. But also when the motor's cold it has a bad idle off and on, which I originally thought was a CPS issue but I keep going through CPS's and no change (even black ones). IPR o rings? TPS? Any ideas?

ActionRick

Reaction score
The PCM is confused ...

Unplug the ICP sensor ,make sure the connection is clean & tight . Look for oil leaking from the sensor ...

TyCorr

Reaction score
Could it be an issue with an inj? Like a bad o-ring or washer that seals with cylinder pressure or heat?

brewer

Reaction score
Sorry guys, internet was out for a little then got super busy....

Checked ICP, no oil on it

brewer

Reaction score
It only lasts about 5 seconds when I start it up. It's also having an idle problem, that sounds like a miss, like a CPS problem, but there's no codes on it. But I'm wondering if they're related. I'm thinking about getting a video of it tonight

JD3020

Reaction score
My truck did this too but it went away when I got my TS chip.

Same here. Mine did it a lot when i restarted it when it was warm, when it was stock. Threw the splits in with stock tuning, and it loped hard for a long time at every single start-up. I could've convinced people it was a pulling truck. Threw in the chip with Matts tunes and it hasn't loped since. But that is only if its in the hot tunes. I started it one day in heavy tow, which is basically stock fueling, and it loped a little bit. So tuning has some effect to the problem

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
I had a bad lope/surge problem awhile back and found out it was my Transmission range selector switch, even starting it in neutral it did it. Changed the switch it went away. Also you guys are talking about how tunes effect idle sometimes and my truck does the same thing. Sometimes when I start it up in a hot tune I get a quick 2-3 second lope then it smoothed out.

Denver

Reaction score
Could the lift pump be on its way out? Try unplugging the icp sensor and run the engine and see if the lope comes back. I had a lope issue and it was the icp sensor.

Latest posts

Members online