tweeter mounting

05wh250

Reaction score
Im putting a set of components in my truck and plan on mounting the tweeters on the sail panels. My question is do i need to angle them to the center of the truck? Or at the front seats? Or where?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
point them toward the passengers/driver.. technically speakers are not suppose to be pointed at each other due to the waves hitting each other head on messes them up versus deflecting of each other

907DAVE

Reaction score
You will need to play around with the positions a bit to get the best sound.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I mounted mine in the A pillars facing the windshield, took about 20 min, and love it

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

05wh250

Reaction score
point them toward the passengers/driver.. technically speakers are not suppose to be pointed at each other due to the waves hitting each other head on messes them up versus deflecting of each other

So the drivers side should be pointed at the passenger and passenger be pointed at the driver?

Rupp250

Reaction score
If they can be positioned after you mount them I would just play around with them and see what YOU like. Or if they can't be I've used wood dowels cut to different lengths to adjust where they are aimed to. And yes they can be pointed directley across at each other, if that is what you believe sounds the best.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
So the drivers side should be pointed at the passenger and passenger be pointed at the driver?

i meant you not speaker driver sorry.. but like everyone says play around to see what you like. as a general rule point them toward your head if you were sitting in the seat and make sure there not pointed towards eachother. and use the closer driver for the closer seat, less sound waves crossing so it will be clearer but i doubt you would notice that much

05wh250

Reaction score
i meant you not speaker driver sorry.. but like everyone says play around to see what you like. as a general rule point them toward your head if you were sitting in the seat and make sure there not pointed towards eachother. and use the closer driver for the closer seat, less sound waves crossing so it will be clearer but i doubt you would notice that much

ok i'll play around with it a little

jdc753

Reaction score
As others are saying definitely experiment with it and find what you like best, and what the tweeters like best.

907Dave built some sweet sail panel pods for his focals. It's not a hard project once you get the mounting all figured out.

With the aiming experiment with different locations, also try on the A-pillar firing straight across. Most competition vehicles I have seen use the tweeters on the pillars, but not all tweeters are the same, nor all ears. Plus if you listen closely as the pathlengths start to differ greater and greater you will notice some seperation from the highs and the lows unless you can correct this with time alignment or some fancy EQ/phasing.