2011 crew cab subs

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I have a 2011 cclb with a power slider rear window and a factory sub. I had a sweet system in my 6.0 and I'd like to get this truck rockin too. What are some box/sub combos you guys have in trucks like mine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dweber

Reaction score
I believe jl audio makes a box that goes in your center console and holds an 8" or they have some for behind the back seat but you would pry have to loose the factory sub

jdc753

Reaction score
check out the boxes by SPL2K, www.spl2k.com probably the best prebuilt setup you are going to find for behind the back seat. JL does have an underseat option too, that replaces the fold out tray. Both of those options can use the JL 13.5" shallow sub, or if home built, nearly any shallow sub.

For the center console JL does have a stealthbox there too, although I am not too sure how it will fit in the 11+ full center console as it is designed for the 08-10 style center console. Either way you could easily build something in this spot too that should be capable of holding an 8-12" sub.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
check out the boxes by SPL2K, www.spl2k.com probably the best prebuilt setup you are going to find for behind the back seat. JL does have an underseat option too, that replaces the fold out tray. Both of those options can use the JL 13.5" shallow sub, or if home built, nearly any shallow sub.

For the center console JL does have a stealthbox there too, although I am not too sure how it will fit in the 11+ full center console as it is designed for the 08-10 style center console. Either way you could easily build something in this spot too that should be capable of holding an 8-12" sub.

I've seen that first website. I do like it. But will one 13.5 be loud enough. I have a power slider so I can't get the dual box. And does anybody have one of those jl 13.5s?

HD F250

Reaction score
But will one 13.5 be loud enough.

Absolutely, if it is in a correctly tuned box and enough power driving it. But, than again, it depends on whether you are trying to have hearing loss. :jammin:

jdc753

Reaction score
Those JL 13.5's are no slouches, basically top tier for shallow mounts and will put a hurting on a large majority of conventional subs, plus they aren't just boomers they are pretty solid when it comes to sound quality too.

I have a single 12" in my center console in a small sealed box, its getting about 1500w, then a pair of components. I had one time (ashamed to admit) where I didn't hear the police siren directly behind me. I would put money that the single JL will get plenty loud enough, unless your standard for loud is a pair of L7 15's in a 6cube box in the back of an excursion.

Last edited:

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Absolutely, if it is in a correctly tuned box and enough power driving it. But, than again, it depends on whether you are trying to have hearing loss. :jammin:

Would a 1000-1200W amp with the stock head unit get the job done?

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Yep, that should be plenty to cause hearing loss!

Good to know! Lol. I had a 12" bazooka tube, 10" MTX, infinity speakers, 1000W xplod amp, and a kenwood head unit in my regular cab 6.0. So that 13.5 would have alot to live up too!! Haha

jdc753

Reaction score
The JL will walk all over the 12" tube or the 10" MTX, I just hope you didn't have both of them hooked up at the same time. And the Xplod amp was sadly probably only putting out around 750w or so at best. Sadly sony gear went downhill fast after the ES line got axed.

Raw output from a sealed box = cone area X wattage X xmax (essentially air moved)

superstroked

Reaction score
If you are talking a true 1000-1200 watts, that would be WAY overkill for the 13tw5 IMO

13TW5v2_PC.png

nickg3130

Reaction score
Im in the process of building boxes for behind the rear seat. Hopefully ill have some pics up this weekend. Looking to run two 12" jensen subs. I got them for free so i figured id try them out for now.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
The JL will walk all over the 12" tube or the 10" MTX, I just hope you didn't have both of them hooked up at the same time. And the Xplod amp was sadly probably only putting out around 750w or so at best. Sadly sony gear went downhill fast after the ES line got axed.

Raw output from a sealed box = cone area X wattage X xmax (essentially air moved)

Yeah I had em both hooked up. I had em turned down a pinch. But I had that set up for over 2 years and never had a problem. I though they sounded good too. But I'll be the first to admit I don't know a whole lot about subs

jdc753

Reaction score
Yeah I had em both hooked up. I had em turned down a pinch. But I had that set up for over 2 years and never had a problem. I though they sounded good too. But I'll be the first to admit I don't know a whole lot about subs

Hey if it worked more power to ya, but usually 2 different sized subs in different enclosures playing the same frequency range is generally a no no, think of it kinda like having a set of 190/100's and a pair of stock injectors in there, it'll run but just not really something you want to do.

Honestly with the lack of space inside these trucks there aren't a whole lot of subs or box configurations to choose from, and if money is not an option, the JL 13TW5 is gonna be right at the top of that list, if not the top.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Hey if it worked more power to ya, but usually 2 different sized subs in different enclosures playing the same frequency range is generally a no no, think of it kinda like having a set of 190/100's and a pair of stock injectors in there, it'll run but just not really something you want to do.

Honestly with the lack of space inside these trucks there aren't a whole lot of subs or box configurations to choose from, and if money is not an option, the JL 13TW5 is gonna be right at the top of that list, if not the top.

Well if I'm gonna be limited to only being able to fit one behind my seat I'm deffinatly gonna want it to be a good one

RedRice589

Reaction score
Can you put 2 of the Jl 13's under the seat? Sorry to jack the thread. I have the factory sub as well but i want exceptional hearing loss.... my grandpas already deaf im not too worried.

jdc753

Reaction score
Can you put 2 of the Jl 13's under the seat? Sorry to jack the thread. I have the factory sub as well but i want exceptional hearing loss.... my grandpas already deaf im not too worried.

I don't think you could put a pair of them under the seat as the single goes to the drivers side where the floor bumps down.

For those with power sliding rear window, and minimum interior mods, then I think you are stuck with the single JL as the best bet.

For those without power sliding rear windows, for the biggest boom without the least bit of interior modding, I would run 4 12" Pioneer shallows in a sealed box behind the rear seat. Feed them about 1500w and it should get pretty loud.

Now for the fun, people who are willing the mod the interiors, the possibilities are endless MUHAHAHA LOL

For flatout loudest possible while mainting all seating, you are looking at doing a blow through setup, done right it could be hidden with a diamondplate box, reach 150+ db's on the meter and look stock to most people looking in.

Now for those who don't want to cut up the sheet metal you are going to have to move some seats, either use up the front center console area or change to rear captains chairs and build a rear center console.

OR, remove the rear seat altogether and wall off the back, with this I think you can squeeze in 6 15's or 18's with proper airspace and lots of port area, but sorta impractical LOL

nickg3130

Reaction score
I don't think you could put a pair of them under the seat as the single goes to the drivers side where the floor bumps down.

For those with power sliding rear window, and minimum interior mods, then I think you are stuck with the single JL as the best bet.

For those without power sliding rear windows, for the biggest boom without the least bit of interior modding, I would run 4 12" Pioneer shallows in a sealed box behind the rear seat. Feed them about 1500w and it should get pretty loud.

Now for the fun, people who are willing the mod the interiors, the possibilities are endless MUHAHAHA LOL

For flatout loudest possible while mainting all seating, you are looking at doing a blow through setup, done right it could be hidden with a diamondplate box, reach 150+ db's on the meter and look stock to most people looking in.

Now for those who don't want to cut up the sheet metal you are going to have to move some seats, either use up the front center console area or change to rear captains chairs and build a rear center console.

OR, remove the rear seat altogether and wall off the back, with this I think you can squeeze in 6 15's or 18's with proper airspace and lots of port area, but sorta impractical LOL

It wouldn't be possible to run 2 12s behind the rear seat with the power window motor? If the rear vents are removed and the rear panel I think it could be done.

oneturboforme

Reaction score

easy now i wouldnt say mtx in general the cheap ones yes but jl also makes crappy low end ones. i would say there 9500 series would walk over a jl look up the 9500 10 it has a 4” of peak-to-peak excursion nearly twice a w7 if im not mistaken.. also i would think a full size 10" or 12" in the center console would out perform any shallow mount 13 or even 2 12" shallow mounts. i had two shallow alpine 12's(swr-t12) (which Xmax is more then the JL 13) and they would "hit" but they dont push air at all(a conventional 12" in a decent box would push more air hands down).. just depends what your going for