Firmer shifts?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Just reduce the target slip time by about 10% across the board at a time until you like it. You can.raise the pressure a little at a time too but it's pretty much where it needs to be.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Not really my race truck runs the standard sl1 strategy all the time UNmodified and seams to be ok. I am going to firm them up a little but not much

strokinKR

Reaction score
Ok. How about TC engagement. My h&s will display tc lock but it takes a sec or two before it locks. Im using a rcd tc. How do I speed that up I dont want to fry the clutches

Dzchey21

Reaction score
They don't have anything called that im sure there is a table for it. I think it's one of the solenoid transfer functions but im not positive... Or maybe it's not changeable and has something to do with line pressure.

strokinKR

Reaction score
Ok so I lowered the slip times a lot. Hopefully not too much and raised the line pressure for all shifts a bunch. I made the pressure equal across the chart so even at low load it has almost the same pressure as WOT. Not sure if im going to cause damage but its helped a bit. It shifts a bit quicker under low throttle but not quite firm. At WOT the shifts are fast and crisp. I have a built trans and rcd tc so I feel every shift.

There are three different slip time tables. Any idea what they are in dummy language?

08twinturbo

Reaction score
How's that last file I sent you?

Still haven't had time to drive my little truck to duplicate what you are saying

Hey, I havnt yet. But the original 45 mph file is working good. I still want it firmer so I will just keep going a little at a time. Thank a lot.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I really would like to know what the target slip time for torque and inertia phases are, i always thought it was for the clutch being applied and the clutch being released... but im not sure.

strokinKR

Reaction score
I really would like to know what the target slip time for torque and inertia phases are, i always thought it was for the clutch being applied and the clutch being released... but im not sure.

Hey bud you are correct about the torque and inertia phases. Now that that has dawned on me I believe target slip times need to be pretty equal to the sum of the to torque phase slip and inertia phase slip. Also have to be careful with the 2-3 shift and the 3-5 shift. I read what Mark posted about breaking parts if one is applied too soon