Added a little weight

Spatel23

Reaction score
I stripped the interior and did the whole floor and backwall with Raamat.
Still have to do the doors with the Raamat and then go over them with Dynaliner. I am also putting Dynaliner on the rear pillars.
I am also installing a Kenwood DNX 9960 navigation to replace the Pioneer D3(PM me its for sale) and replacing all the door speakers.

I will elaborate more on the results once everything is back together.

photo3-6.jpg

photo4-5.jpg

photo5-3.jpg

zabeard

Reaction score
wow thats a crazy amount of work. I always thought the SDs were quiet anyway. Cant image how nice yours will be after that.

jdc753

Reaction score
awesome work!!

doing the floor helps a good bit, and the dynaliner should cut down greatly on the noise. Back wall and doors will be key, also if you can do the roof while you are at it to cut down on some of the wind noise. Some expanding foam in the open cavities (like above the doors) will help stiffen it up too.

jdc753

Reaction score
So how does the Raamat and Dynaliner compare to Dynamat both price and quality wise?

Dynaliner is a dynamat product but is an "air barrier" that works for canceling out air born noises (tire noise, motor, exhaust, etc) while the Dynamat and Raamat are both mass loading or dampening products that reduce the resonances in the body panels both metal and plastic from "structural born noises" vibrations, wind (flexing panels) rain, etc.

Raamat is much cheaper and also has more mass.

2.4 dollars per square foot and 0.52 lbs per square foot of mass
per, http://www.raamaudio.com/index.php?...&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

Dynamat Xtreme (most comparable dynamat product)

7.78 dollars per square foot and 0.45 lbs per square foot

per, http://www.crutchfield.com/p_15410455/Dynamat-Xtreme-10455.html?tp=2277

http://www.dynamat.com/technical_specs_dynamat_xtreme.html

Dynaliner would compare to the Raam Audio product Ensolite. With this I actually feel dynaliner is a very nice product though since you can get it at multiple thicknesses where as the ensolite is only offered in a single thickness. 1/2" dynaliner would be very nice on the roof and back walls where as the ensolite is only available in 1/8" thickness.

All are very quality products and will get the job done, I've used both and would gladly use them again, just comes down to price. If you want I could shoot you a PM about all the products available and how they compare, plus if you were to get some I would gladly come up and help you install it

Last edited:

Spatel23

Reaction score
Thanks guys........the noise level is unbelievable. Very quiet.

The stereo sounds incredible with the added raamat and dynaliner.

I didnt think I would like the Kenwood as much as I do.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
looks nice, back in the day i used a product from Mcmasterr carr, it was like a no name dynamat asphalt base product i forget the name of it but i got enought to do 2 layers in my extended cab nissan truck for under $100.... im looking to do something similar to what you did but prob only one layer i just want to quiet it down some but not looking to add all the extra weight my truck is already a pig

00Rich

Reaction score
This is gonna sound like a dumb question but is it hard to do or is it pretty easy

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I know the few vehicles I have done the biggest pain was getting all of the interior out, the actual install of the product is pretty easy just make sure is warm out so the stuff will contour easier to the panels you are putting it on

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Looks great!!! I have been wanting to do mine for a long time but it keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the list lol.

Another problem I have is trying to determine which product to use. Every time I start researching it, my brain gets scrambled from all the choices!! I'm about to pull all my seats out to have the leather put on, so I may try to go head and do it while the seats are out.

Did you order your stuff straight from Raamaudio or did you go through someone else?

average

Reaction score
A lot of work but great job! I don't envy you having to clean out your supply of band aid's for all those little cuts from the foil **** on the mat... Don't think I'll be doing that any more.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I am going to do my doors, pillars and rear too. Didn't think of doing dynaliner, will be adding that too. Not sure if I will do the floor but may.... I bet that thing is quiet now Shone.

Latest posts

Members online