Middle Row - Bench to Captain's?

NEVRNF

Reaction score
I went the other way. Capt's to bench. Direct bolt in. You will have some holes in the carpet where the seatbelts went. I had to cut these out in mine.

PatMan

Reaction score
Yes - There is a thread on either Ford-Trucks.com or Powerstroke.org that someone did this to their EX.
It looks fantastic with their results.

Copracr

Reaction score
If you get rear captain's, can you still fold them down flat? I wouldn't want to lose my cargo utility space. I can stick a fridge in there now.

PatMan

Reaction score
Most captains chairs won't lay flat like the bench seats. They may recline a good extent, but not as flat at the bench seats.
However, I have seen them with the swivel bases. So you could have the backs of the seats possible a good portion out of the way if you needed to lay some thing in.

TARM

Reaction score
The stock ones I do believe lay flat but they do not flip forward IIRC.

But frankly if one were not looking for the full cargo space I think trying to put full size front captains in there would give the best comfort for sitting. Rear seating would by had thru the middle isle space. Then again you could even go for 3 rows of captains chairs; now that would be different and not seen.

genie144

Reaction score
I did that in a '96 Bronco. Took out the rear bench and put in some captain chairs from a Probe. Was great.

I'm still looking for the middle row captain chairs for my excursion.

Sam

Latest posts

Members online