Daystar 2.5" Leveling Kit Question

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit...t_s=358&t_pt=9333&t_pl=7140&t_pn=DAYKF09119BK

Anybody used this kit. I like the poly spacers as opposed to aluminum. I was thinking of using this and buy 2 new longer Rancho RS5000's for the front just to level it out and allow for a set of 33's. I saw the write up on this product in the new issue of Diesel World and it looks like a good kit. Would I need to worry about relocation of the track bar? I had been looking at the Innovative Diesel kit(http://innovativediesel.com/i-962094-2-5-inch-lift-with-1-rear-blocks.html) and it does address the track bar. Just curious what you guys think? Let me know.

worldwide73

Reaction score
Personally after reading about both of them I like the one like innovative has much better. I like a leveled truck, but they look retarded when you load them down because the front end is way up in the air then, I think the 1" in the back will help lessen that. Esp since it sounds like you looking to be able to fit tires in there.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I agree, but I also like the poly spacers and no metal to metal contact to make noise. The Innovative system also requires that you stack their 1" block on top of your factory block, which isn't ideal IMO. What do you think about the Daystar spacers with longer Ranchos and an Innovative 3" aluminum block for the rear and just do away with the stocker? That should be the best of both worlds, right?

Dtm030

Reaction score
That does sound like a pretty good combo. I actually used these Daystar spacers on my 2008 250 and thought they were good. I had always had poly spacers and liked the idea of another set and they had no issues at all. I ran 35's with mine and I believed that looked right. I personally think 33's look a little small for that truck but they do look good. I just like the bigger tires and lifts(even though thats not what I have right now)

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Are you saying that the stock track bar won't work with this leveling kit? I planned on longer shocks. What are the castor shims for?

nsty 6oh

Reaction score
I plan on doing a 2in level kit on my 2006 f250. Im gonna try to get away with just doing the coil spacers and not doing shocks, track bar or anything like that. I dont for see me needing an alignment either because Im not messing with anything steering wise, just pretty much lowering the axle roughly 2inches.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
If you lift a '05 up 2" you will just about lose all your castor which isn't enough even stock..this the the main problem with wobble..not the track bar.

When you lift any SD the axle will shift aprox 3/4-1" per 2" of lift, its geometry its a fact.

You do not use spacers to correct this as 1 IMO unsafe and spacers change the relationship to the Pitman arm..anytime you change 1 you change the other..and no pitman arm is made for under a 4" lift besides its not needed.

So its either do it correctly or not.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
OK, so whats the answer to leveling my 06' 2-2.5 front. I'm going out on a limb here and assuming that replacing the stock rear 2" block with a 3" block isn't going to be an issue, right? I would like to level my truck and run 33's comfortably without breaking the bank. If you have any ideas about how to do this please let me know.

Dtm030

Reaction score
If you lift a '05 up 2" you will just about lose all your castor which isn't enough even stock..this the the main problem with wobble..not the track bar.

When you lift any SD the axle will shift aprox 3/4-1" per 2" of lift, its geometry its a fact.

You do not use spacers to correct this as 1 IMO unsafe and spacers change the relationship to the Pitman arm..anytime you change 1 you change the other..and no pitman arm is made for under a 4" lift besides its not needed.

So its either do it correctly or not.

He is dead on. These trucks will have a slight wobble in the front even with a leveling kit. Mine did and it was annoying as hell over 50 MPH.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
OK, so whats the answer to leveling my 06' 2-2.5 front. I'm going out on a limb here and assuming that replacing the stock rear 2" block with a 3" block isn't going to be an issue, right? I would like to level my truck and run 33's comfortably without breaking the bank. If you have any ideas about how to do this please let me know.

IMO use a quality leveling kit..breaking the bank..thats relative..for some its $200 for others its thousands..

Old saying but true...The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low cost is forgotten

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Ok, but you still haven't suggested a kit. You seem to know your stuff so give me your opinion on a good quality kit. I don't want something that is going to cause any problems, so far I've spent sh*tloads of money on this truck to avoid problems. The reason I originally commented on the Daystar kit is the article in the August issue of Diesel World. I am by no means an expert on suspension. Let me know what you think.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
IMO, Pure Performance, Icon, Rcd..have good kits, depending on the kit offered you may need to add the adj track bar.

Most manufactures build to a price point so they will leave out a required part and state in the fine print its need..thats where your salesman come into play to let you know the need..many will take the low road and say its really not needed just to get the quick sale. Some will inform you but sell you whatever you want..I work differently..I won't sell a kit that isn't complete..period. If that costs me a sale..and sometimes it has that fine.

The same physiology is why I will only sell products that meet my standards..I can sell anything anyone else can but I don't..sometimes for very good reasons.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Ok. So you don't like spacers, or leveling kits. That being said can you get caster shims separately? I was thinking about piecing together about 1.5-2" of lift for mine. I'm about to need shocks and tires so I figure a little bit of lift would look good I'm really not into pole vaulting into the truck. What does a complete kit run? I know Most kits don't have the best shocks either so probably bilstien shocks would be wanted.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I ended up buying 2.5" spacers for the front a new trac bar and 3" blocks for the rear. All i need to do now is decide which shocks to go with. I only paid $35 for the aluminum spacers on ebay and figure later on I can upgrade to full springs and not be out a lot of extra cash. Icon seemed to have the a-la-cart selection of lift parts. The trac bar is an Icon piece. None of the 2-2.5" kits addressed the pitman arm, so I'm going to leave it alone for now. If I lose a ton of turning ability I'll look into a new one. Hope this helps you some Randy.

Last edited:

KingRanch6.0L

Reaction score
i think they wernt sturdy enough had too much give. never hear any issues with the metal ones tho..

keep in mind you most likely will have to get those (pardon my ignorance) adjustable camber little circle thinks . lol not plates just some little part cant think of what the hell its called.

Latest posts

Members online