Early 99 Cruise control and horn don't work

My7.3IsAZombie

Reaction score
Cruise and horn both don't work. I've read they might be somehow related but I can't filter through all the BS. Checked all the fuses and was wondering if you guys could help me out. Thanks!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Did you find any bad wires inside the column? Did you test the fuses or check them?

JLDickmon

Reaction score
this might help..
so would a new test light... just sayin..

because it's smelling like a bad clockspring...

Attachments

• Figure 9 Cruise Control Circuit.PDF
    555.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

My7.3IsAZombie

Reaction score
If it is then eww. I'm not a super savvy wire guy. Great diagram though. Helps make sense of all the wires. I should be able to track it down. Thanks!

CGMKCM

Reaction score
Did you have the cruise control recall done?

Mine did what you described several years ago and I took it in and the replaced the wiring harness by the master cylinder.

A year or so ago the recall came out apparently the original harness will short out killing the cruise control.

My7.3IsAZombie

Reaction score
It looks like the recall has been done because the blue tag looks rather new. It also says that the harness has an internal fuse and if blown the whole harness needs replaced. So I'm curious if that has something to do with it.

Dslfumes

Reaction score
Mine don't work either. I replaced the clockspring and the airbag light went off, but the horn and cruise still no worky. Looks like time to trace the wires, just too lazy to do it....it would be nice to honk at people and set the cruise on long trips, just sayin.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.