475 or 500 hp?

morefuel

Reaction score
I'm wanting to make about 475 to 500 hp. So far my list is: headstuds, 238/100 injectors, homemade e-fuel with superduty fuel pump, d66 turbo with external wastegates, clutch, 910 valves springs, and possibly mod my idm. Would this do it or what else would I need? Would my stock hpop possibly make that much power and how would it affect my fuel mileage?

Whytry

Reaction score
Fuel milage would be descent depending on how u drive. John from cowboy diesel has a d66 and 238/100 I am pretty sure and did 454hp

davey99ps

Reaction score
Charger will never live with that big of an injector.

Actually, yes it will. It's all in tuning, I ran even bigger hybrids on my stock charger cuz I didn't have my bigger charger at the time an it lasted just fine. To the op, the d66 will work, but I would highly recommend an h2e set-up. This way down the road if you want to go bigger, you can have it modded. With those injectors, h2e, an either a 17 deg hpop or a srp1 an you'll be right around 500hp, and it'll be an awesome All-around set-up.

Talyn

Reaction score
480 is really really really pushing d66 limits.

better off with h2e or 38r.

ParkerFly

Reaction score
I think there's been a few people go over 500 with 238s and a D66. Life of the turbo is in the tuning and how you drive it. Without a waste gate backpressures will get out of whack eventually, it's just how often you keep them out of whack. 38r will have similar back pressure issues to the D66 but will stand up to them better. Going with a 38r and not addressing the backpressure issues is just disguising the real problem - that you need a bigger charger, waste gate, better tuning, or all of the above.

morefuel

Reaction score
I think there's been a few people go over 500 with 238s and a D66. Life of the turbo is in the tuning and how you drive it. Without a waste gate backpressures will get out of whack eventually, it's just how often you keep them out of whack. 38r will have similar back pressure issues to the D66 but will stand up to them better. Going with a 38r and not addressing the backpressure issues is just disguising the real problem - that you need a bigger charger, waste gate, better tuning, or all of the above.

That's the reason I was gonna go with a external wastegate. I figured it would be a little hot and smokey on the hotter tunes but it would run relatively clean and cool on the tow tune or dd.

CSIPSD

Reaction score

Willy,

Can you please post up what turbos you have run? I am interested to know what you truely know, or if all of what you said is just want you think you read one time at the supermarket in the Vtec mag???:morons:

superduty4x4

Reaction score

I thought the 38R was the be-all end-all turbo of choice for the OBS crowd Slick Willy. Why on Earth would you recommend a T4/T4i type setup like the H2e? Everybody knows its a waste of time and too expensive to convert to a T4/T4i setup.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Willy,

Can you please post up what turbos you have run? I am interested to know what you truely know, or if all of what you said is just want you think you read one time at the supermarket in the Vtec mag???:morons:

I thought the 38R was the be-all end-all turbo of choice for the OBS crowd Slick Willy. Why on Earth would you recommend a T4/T4i type setup like the H2e? Everybody knows its a waste of time and too expensive to convert to a T4/T4i setup.

:eek:wned: