Stuck in PARK

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
was on the boat ramp this weekend and stopped to switch drivers on the ramp, set the brake and put it in park. Long story short finally got the truck in to gear but it let loose the most god awful thunk ive ever heard. Drove the truck the rest of the weekend, then roughly 100 miles back home with no issues. Just curious if this is something I should get to Ford to get looked at, or if I'll be ok. Just wondering not used to an auto an the way it functions, as this truck is the first auto ive ever had. thanks for any input..

willholl79

Reaction score
Switching drivers on the ramp?

Does someone's trailer backing skills suck? lol

Or maybe the driver jumped in the boat, and the other guy launched the boat and parked the truck?

Either way, on a slope with load behind it, it's probably ok as long as it goes in and out of gear on level ground.

White_monster

Reaction score
The thunk was prob from the driver putting it in park, letting off the brake and letting thereuck roll back and then putting the e brake on. All the weight was loaded thru the trans. Next time you park before letting off the foot brake put the e brake down and you won't have this issue.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Switching drivers on the ramp?

Does someone's trailer backing skills suck? lol

Or maybe the driver jumped in the boat, and the other guy launched the boat and parked the truck?

Either way, on a slope with load behind it, it's probably ok as long as it goes in and out of gear on level ground.
LOL yep my brother cant back a trailer for Chit, nor can he drive a boat. So I had to back the boat 90% of the way in and then let him take over while I got in the boat, and unloaded.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
The thunk was prob from the driver putting it in park, letting off the brake and letting thereuck roll back and then putting the e brake on. All the weight was loaded thru the trans. Next time you park before letting off the foot brake put the e brake down and you won't have this issue.

ok, I just started leaving it in N and setting the brake. didnt wanna go through that again, was kinda embarrassing, not to mention i thought i F'ed my truck up in the process. :doh:

willholl79

Reaction score
LOL yep my brother cant back a trailer for Chit, nor can he drive a boat. So I had to back the boat 90% of the way in and then let him take over while I got in the boat, and unloaded.

That's funny. I'm lucky, my wife can back a trailer like a pro. She's been dragging horses around for years plus it doesn't hurt she has a class A cdl! And damn good lookin' on top of that.
:pimp::walkin::pimp::flipa:

littleredstroker

Reaction score
That's funny. I'm lucky, my wife can back a trailer like a pro. She's been dragging horses around for years plus it doesn't hurt she has a class A cdl! And damn good lookin' on top of that.
:pimp::walkin::pimp::flipa:

want to share? lol kidding. my old ladys the same. shes been pullin trailers since she was 16. she s a little rough on the backin up tho lol thats where i come in.

mines done that too with the loud thunk. never hurt nothing just gets in a bind

Latest posts

Members online