weaving?

slowngreen

Reaction score
Hey guys, yesterday I noticed that I was missing two lugs and nuts on one rear wheel and one on the other, yes, both the nuts and the lug bolts.
Now and Im sure its not just in my head, my truck seems today like it weaves or wobbles back and forth while driving down the road. Its not bumpy or anything but its like the weaving you get when pulling a big trailer.
Ive looked at all my leaves and I dont see anything broken or moved...Any thoughts?

Tom S

Reaction score
I assume you mean that the stud and the lug are missing. I would followup on that. Did you at least check on the other ones to make sure they are tight.

slowngreen

Reaction score
I checked them all first thing and they were tight, I didnt take the wheels off and inspect anything there though. I'll have to do that and then report back. It almost feels front end-ish though, but its hard to tell...

jdgleason

Reaction score
I would check ball joints/wheel bearings just for fun. A vibration in the front end could have helped with losing the studs. Jack the front of the truck up and pry up under the tire to see if there is any play.

slowngreen

Reaction score
The lugs are missing on the rear. I took the wheels off the rear and other than the missing lugs, it all looks fine but there was alittle play in it before I took the wheel off while it was jacked up, not much though. I'll check the front next and see whats going on theer.

Also, my dad said he saw the lugs/nuts sitting on the road at his stop sign about a week ago, didnt pick them up but I assume they were mine so they have been missing a little while. I remember hitting a cattle guard really hard yesterday, jard the crap outta me, that prolly has something to do with whats going on...no?

Last edited:

slowngreen

Reaction score
Ummm WTF? So I put my rear wheel back on today after work and figured out the problem....The lug nuts I put on a couple weeks ago with new wheels, arent just alittle to short, they bottom out before being all the way down! Glad I caught this.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Yeah. The fords use REALLY long rear wheel studs. You need the EXTRA deep lug nut or they bottom out inside the nut and either dont tighten up all the way OR punch out the back of the lug nut

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.