Gooseneck plate

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
Do these bolt directly to the frame or do you need a seperate installation kit with brackets?

F64518601.jpg

UnrepentantSinner

Reaction score
I bolted mine directly to the frame, you might look to see if there is space between the bed and frame, you'll have to put a spacer in if there is

jbkingranch

Reaction score
Who makes that plate? I made something similar for my truck and used a piece of angle down the frame rail so I didn't have to drill into my flange. It's best if you can use existing bolt holes.

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
Who makes that plate? I made something similar for my truck and used a piece of angle down the frame rail so I didn't have to drill into my flange. It's best if you can use existing bolt holes.

Curt. I think drawtite makes one as well. Angle iron drilled to match existing holes in the frame?

jbkingranch

Reaction score
Yes. I had some 4x6x1/2 laying around. Something smaller would work or if you had some flat bar.

My hitch is a fold away but I used a large piece of flat plate and measured it to fit between bed mounts and going over frame rail a few inches. Mocked up with C-claps and C-clamp Vice-grips. I drilled the holes for the angle from inside the frame going out. Marked holes that go from the plate to angle under the bed. Pulled everything out, drilled my holes and bolted everything together with 1/2 and 5/8 hardened bolts. The rear hole I used was bigger then 5/8 so I made a inside washer I guess you could call it thy goes from flange to flange on the inside of the frame. It all sandwiched together and everything was scrap except for my main plate for the top. Nothing is welded so it can be disassembled easily and it's not one of those cheap stamped steel hitched out of a box from China.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i ran a piece of 9" channel across the frame, cut a hole in the top of the channel and put my ball in, dicked around welding a piece of flat inside the channel formed the side of the frame, boxed in the channel, and called it a day.

i'm out, probably $50.

i'll take a pic if you want.