Replacing factory radio with Nav

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
should be plug and play, i think all the nav stuff is hidden in the unit itself, but dont hold me to that, electronics is not any where near a strong point for me on these trucks lol

oneturboforme

Reaction score
not quite all in the nav. there is a little nav gps box behind the instrument cluster, and the if you want the satilete radio to work its a royal pain to get the stock attena one out. i would suggest just getting a aftermarket one(same style) and using that one. i think there is a few wires too i cant remember off hand

jdc753

Reaction score
Looks like most of the misc parts are available, just might be a PITA tracking it all down. Then I am not sure if the harness will plug n play, or anything regarding a factory amplifier or differences between premium or standard audio system.

Sat radio antenna stuff,
http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/201...leid=1445089&diagram=ME08290&diagramCallOut=5

GPS antenna stuff,
http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/201...leid=1445089&diagram=ME08302&diagramCallOut=2

I don't see any mention of an external amplifier, which makes things easier, but I really don't know if there is one or not, maybe they just have a built in amp for the subwoofer and the regular speakers get power through the HU still.

http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/201...leid=1445089&diagram=ME08665&diagramCallOut=2

ingrahams

Reaction score
Thanks guys ended up scoring one off ebay for just under $600 with the sat radio box and navigation cd. going to order the GPS antenna today. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
-Stew

VanoFord

Reaction score
you more than likely will have to go to the dealer and get it "flashed" to work in your truck. I was going to upgrade to a NAV in my 06 F150 and the dealer said it would need to be "remarried" to your current system. Runs about $90-150, depending on how well of an installer you have at the dealer.

ingrahams

Reaction score
well just did the swap tonight and it was completely plug and play, just had to add the GPS antenna that goes behind the gauge cluster and it was good to go, took about an hour. Thanks to JDC753 for posting up those diagrams.
-Stew

DieselP814

Reaction score
I have been looking into doing this in my truck, now when you bought the nav unit with everything you just plugged it in and everything worked, you didn't have to take it to ford or anything like that?

ingrahams

Reaction score
No trip to the dealer needed. Only had to buy the GPS antenna that's tucked in behind the gauge cluster and there is a third harness that is tucked in behind the radio with a dummy plug that you need to hook up as well. Install was easy and I am loving the GPS.
-Stew

TX_S

Reaction score
I'm wanting to do this as well but I would like to try to hook up the factory reverse camera as well. My truck is a lariat but didn't come with the sensors or back up camera

co04cobra

Reaction score
Subn in on this. I should be working on the nav and rear camera swap in a few weeks.