Onboard Air

bryan.d

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone has done this before. I have the firestone loadlifter 5000 with the dual path load controller. I would like to have onboard air and want know how this can be done and retain the ability to control the left to right bags individually. What parts do I need and how would I wire/plumb the system. Not sure how to do this.

jwlandry

Reaction score
I just did this with mine but i have mine so that they both fill up at the same time.

Bare with me here..
It come out my tank and goes to a 1/4'' electric solenoid, out the solenoid to a Tee, out the Tee to the bags.

I also have a 1/4'' line that runs from the Tee to a gauge in the cab. This way I can see the pressure in the bags.

My solenoid is ran to a toggle inside the cab. The switch is a monentary switch that is on-off-on. My plans is to add another solenoid later down the road that will allow me to dump the bags with the use of the other side of my switch.

For your set up, id run it exactly like mine but add a second 1/4'' solenoid right along side the one coming out of the tank and run each solenoid to a switch like i listed.... When you push the switch up, left bag. When you push it down, right bag. Id also add a dual needle gauge in there as well...

If you want me to find you some links to all this let me know. Ill be more then glad to help... PM me, whatever IDC.

Good luck and hope that makes sence.

Latest posts

Members online