Factory 2002-2003 6 disk...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Anyone know how to fix them, or where to send them... Got one for free and tried to fix it...

Got one for $50 and it was supposed to work, fed two disks and now it will not take anymore or kick out the ones in there...

Would love to have one that works... ugh.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well chit... not what I wanted to hear. I'm not worried about $50 bucks, I just dont like aftermarket radios in our trucks, they always look out of place.

My factory single disk is being a pain with the volumn control.

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Anyone know how to fix them, or where to send them... Got one for free and tried to fix it...

Would love to have one that works... ugh.

Joe i found a guy on ebay a few years ago that repaired Ford factory stereos , he fixed a couple for me . I'll see if i can track him down for ya .

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Joe i found a guy on ebay a few years ago that repaired Ford factory stereos , he fixed a couple for me . I'll see if i can track him down for ya .

I'll see what I can find there... If you come across it let me know! Thanks!

Atsah

Reaction score
I took mine apart when 6 cd's got stuck in there and the thing is a nightmare to take apart.. I don't see how you can fix one without breaking something in the process..

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I took the first one apart, never could get it working. This one was working (at least momentary... I might pull it apart and see...

Sucks as I hate the look of aftermarket stereo's...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Found one on local CL... Going to pick it up tonight... $35... Now I have three of them...

LOL

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well I bought ANOTHER one on CL last night. Worked for long enough for me to hand him some cash and he drove off... ***KKKKK!!! LOL

So I pulled that one apart and could not figure it out, pulled the other one apart and found a broken gear. Took them apart, swapped the broken gear, cleaned it. Swapped the face from one to the other because the face was nicer...

Now I have one working one, and one large pile of parts...LOL

67378_136556916519385_2100147759_n.jpg

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well the fix is not fixed... LOL

Worked half way over the pass, then went to switch CD's and it locked up again.

See if I cant fix it again, better.

Atsah

Reaction score
I went to a single CD after breaking two of the 6 changers.. I made sure this new truck had a single in it..

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I went to a single CD after breaking two of the 6 changers.. I made sure this new truck had a single in it..

I have no issue with my factory single, just that the volume doesnt work all the time.

Thought I would try something new, guess I am SOL if thats how reliable they are.

Layson

Reaction score
Break down and get yourself something newer Joe...LOL. If you have a smart phone you can have all the music that you want. The new stereos will work with Bluetooth and you don't even need to plug it into the stereo, plus they are real nice to talk on the phone with.

They are not even that expensive now and I know they don't look that great, but very functional due to the Bluetooth!