Airdog2 installed pic request

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
like the title says. the instructions are very vauge at best. i got the version with out the quick connects it was $100 cheaper. i know you need to remove the old lift pump and basically bolt it there but just curious how everyone ran thier lines and if you used the supplied mounting harware or made thier own.

BFT

Reaction score
i used the hardware that they supplied and wrapped the frame. we also changed out the quick connects and put on our own fittings.
there is one missing, i had to go look for that size fitting from somwhere else since its 1/4 i believe

towzillabuild022.jpg

Irontx

Reaction score
Use the supplied mounting hardware. I bolted mine inside the frame rail about a foot or so farther back than the stock fuel pump. It's dark outside or I would take some pics for ya.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
i used the hardware that they supplied and wrapped the frame. we also changed out the quick connects and put on our own fittings.
there is one missing, i had to go look for that size fitting from somwhere else since its 1/4 i believe

towzillabuild022.jpg

did you use the quick connect for the tank and such? also saw the y fitting with quick connects...or did you just ditch the quick connects going to the actual air dog itself. thanks sorry for so many questions.

BFT

Reaction score
we used the "Y" fitting since it connects to the factory stuff. i honestly cant recall what we did for the tank since it was changed out for a transfer-flo. im sure it was what came with the airdog.

the wiring is a bit tricky as well, there is a fuse that they have you use and connect to the battery. we cut the fuse off and cut a wire on the harness (cant recall which one) and connected that leaving the wire with the fuse open.

i also shortened all the wires by cutting and soldering them all together so i dont have a huge mess, but that was just me though. no need for that.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

towzillabuild022.jpg

looks familiar again. what a clean frame ;)

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You should be able to quick disconnect right into the factory pick up with the supplied fittings with the bed on, its pretty easy to do, instructions do suck, put the pump as close to the tank as you can, pumps push better then they pull

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
if im not working ill come help. the install on my 6.0 was pretty easy.

Garrett

hells yeh your comin over i got beer i need help drinking and its gona be hot haha

You should be able to quick disconnect right into the factory pick up with the supplied fittings with the bed on, its pretty easy to do, instructions do suck, put the pump as close to the tank as you can, pumps push better then they pull

thats what i kinda figured as i dont really want to drop the tank. some use a straw i guess which would probably flow more...i only want to make a couple hour project not a whole weekend.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
hells yeh your comin over i got beer i need help drinking and its gona be hot haha

thats what i kinda figured as i dont really want to drop the tank. some use a straw i guess which would probably flow more...i only want to make a couple hour project not a whole weekend.

not to derail, but whats the reasoning for the airdog? better filtration?

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
not to derail, but whats the reasoning for the airdog? better filtration?

the main reason was the stock filter is a pain to change and i always take a fuel bath. but if i can get better milage thats a plus but not counting on it. why whats up?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
the main reason was the stock filter is a pain to change and i always take a fuel bath. but if i can get better milage thats a plus but not counting on it. why whats up?

im not sure ive heard of any mileage increases. also not sure why you would be taking a fuel bath if you drain it first, but that lower one is a bit of a pain for sure.

Dzchey21

Reaction score

The factory pick up is 1/2 inch, so is the draw straw for fass or airdogs on other kits for gm or dodge, so factory pick up is a good way to go, PLUS you dont have to worry about cutting out the last 5 gallons of fuel like a draw straw can do sometimes.

You probably wont see an increase in milage but changing the filter is cake but be sure to carry spares cuz you cant find them just anywhere

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score

id probably rather work in your garage if its gonna be as hot as its been. dropping the tank is way too easy if it needs to be done.

Garrett

Irontx

Reaction score
Keep plenty of fuel in it man. I went with a hellman sump as well. Didn't take but one time to almost run out of fuel(just under 1/4 of a tank) before I fixed it.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
im not sure ive heard of any mileage increases. also not sure why you would be taking a fuel bath if you drain it first, but that lower one is a bit of a pain for sure.

it drains from the upper bowl and if your not quick it runs down the frame. or im just retarded.

id probably rather work in your garage if its gonna be as hot as its been. dropping the tank is way too easy if it needs to be done.

Garrett

the garage isnt much cooler

Latest posts

Members online