Line-x rocker panels?

techrescuediver

Reaction score
Hello new to the forum here! My question for yall is your opinion on line-x-ing the rocker panels planning on getting road armor bumpers and line-x-ing them. My question to you guys is should i just do the bumpers in tan to match the strip, line-x the rocker panels to match the truck with black bumpers, or do the rocker panel black to match the bumpers.

Here is my truck.
bd0f073c.png

techrescuediver

Reaction score
here is a pic of a truck with the stock tan strip.
l.png

& line-x-ed white
BFGTires028.png

Any pics of your truck rocker panels line-x-ed would be appreciated

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Any pics of that up close? I was gonna black my 450 out like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

03_PSD

Reaction score
no pics from me, but i've been thinking about this too. i think matching your tan would look good.

average

Reaction score
I just herc'd mine, two tone no more.
DSC_6505.jpg

IMAG0317.jpg

With your truck OP I would do the tan Line-X and tan Line-X bumpers as well.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I just pmed Jesse about this a little while back to see how he ended up liking it and he said it's a good alternative to paint. But he did say you need to make sure you're taking it to a good shop that will do prep the right way. He said he had spots that had to be touched up a few times. I was wanting to do it to mine but just the bumpers...

eric.davis

Reaction score
I've thought about this too for the bumpers instead of powder coating. I'm wondering how close they can get to color matching

TripleE44

Reaction score
I was under the impression it was exact color match. Like they used the factory coded paint, and mixed it in somehow. Of course if it were off just a little, you'd probably never notice, because of the shadows the texture would put off, somewhere it'd be the right shade.

benbou00

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong it's not a bad idea to do this and it was the easier route to go rather than paint it. It's by far your best protection against rock chips etc, but to me it's not something you spray along the sides of a 50k plus truck. I just got tired of everytime it getting a little dirty it looks yellow especially around where the rear bumper is. It's held up pretty good so far other than that, but the back bumper needs to be redone. Other colors may be different and everyone has there own opinions about it, but if it were me I would have done it the right way. I actually ripped all of it off a few weeks back and I'm waiting to get it painted. The plan for now is to keep the front bumper the way it is because that's really the only part that you can't really tell even up close.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong it's not a bad idea to do this and it was the easier route to go rather than paint it. It's by far your best protection against rock chips etc, but to me it's not something you spray along the sides of a 50k plus truck. I just got tired of everytime it getting a little dirty it looks yellow especially around where the rear bumper is. It's held up pretty good so far other than that, but the back bumper needs to be redone. Other colors may be different and everyone has there own opinions about it, but if it were me I would have done it the right way. I actually ripped all of it off a few weeks back and I'm waiting to get it painted. The plan for now is to keep the front bumper the way it is because that's really the only part that you can't really tell even up close.

Are the flares painted white or are they line x?

David S.

Reaction score
go for it, I've always liked the look but never had the nuts to go for it myself

benbou00

Reaction score
I actually just peeled it off with my hands until my fingertips got raw then i used a set of pliers and that helped out a lot. Once I got to the passenger side it was a little more difficult because that side wasn't sprayed on as thick, so I couldn't peeled off big sections like on the driver side. It came off way better than what I expected it would.